The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

Just fired it up and about 20 minutes in.

I'm calling weave on this so far.  There is no way this guy had no clue his early 90's cards were worth jack shit.  

He had to have known.  Or at least had an idea.  

I threw out my crap from the early 90's, anyone want my good stuff, topps cards from maybe 86-89?  Including the coveted barry bonds rookie card(have quite a few).

A lot of fats. Meats like steak, hamburger, pork, bacon, etc. are good. Cheese, avocados, eggs, olive oil, the list goes on.

There are a bunch of sites out there that can tell you better than I would be able to here.

I have a lot of the following:

Johnsonville Original breakfast sausage patties

Eggs

Steak

Bacon cheeseburgers (no bun obviously... just put pickles on top and use a fork with some hot sauce to dip it in)

Hot wings (make sure the sauce is 0 carb)

Beef stew

Cottage cheese (not too much because there are some carbs in there.. about a serving a day)

Sliced avocados with Lawry's salt on top

Drink lots of water all day long.

The diet forces you to cook. At first, you'll want to experiment with low carb recipes of foods that you miss. At least I did. But that wears off after a while. Eventually, you start eating the same things almost every day or have some sort of rotation going. For me, it's just the easier stuff to make but stuff that I still like. Because your appetite shrinks after a few weeks of being on the diet and the food just becomes fuel rather than savory.

George made some fantastic looking ribs starting sous vide and a kamado joe finish

Never seen ribs in the sous vide.  That tomahawk ribeye i made wouldn't even fit in my bucket, I had to cook it in a trash can.

Guessing I won't be using the sous vide much for a while.

Never seen ribs in the sous vide. That tomahawk ribeye i made wouldn't even fit in my bucket, I had to cook it in a trash can.

Guessing I won't be using the sous vide much for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/SO-VIDA-Containers-Insulation-Protection-Reduction/dp/B07DCWVGYM/ref=asc_df_B07DCWVGYM/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309916477103&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8380866661614443330&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021626&hvtargid=pla-576338869678&psc=1

This is an option. I made my own with a cooler I had by drilling a 2 1/2” hole in the top