Ten posters I know for a fact make money in this business...

KingRevolver

Maybe. I don't think he likes modelers. He thinks you gotta know the ins and outs.

At the biggest level you need both.  

I model a bunch of small basketball/soccer leagues around the world and the lines are really soft, so the model does fine, but sometimes I'm missing some huge piece of info and get raped on a game.  That's fine, there's enough games to overcome it.   But, when you get into big shit like NFL/NBA  you really better know who is playing, etc.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the biggest level you need both.  

I model a bunch of small basketball/soccer leagues around the world and the lines are really soft, so the model does fine, but sometimes I'm missing some huge piece of info and get raped on a game.  That's fine, there's enough games to overcome it.   But, when you get into big shit like NFL/NBA  you really better know who is playing, etc.

Yeah. Pretty much everything has been taken out by the math guys. Someone like Heartman can probably beat NASCAR if he still has his wits about him but it seems he has been out of the game a long time and underestimates what is available. I don't know NASCAR at all. It may be a moneygrab for all I know but I doubt it.