What significant event occured during the marriage at Cana?

sleepy

According to a book that contradicts itself at least once per page.

overstatement does not help the case you try to make....

non beleivers think there are contradictions....good for them...can think what they want...

but to say a mistake a page is overblowing...

be blessed and live in the light...

overstatement does not help the case you try to make....

non beleivers think there are contradictions....good for them...can think what they want...

but to say a mistake a page is overblowing...

be blessed and live in the light...

Yes, you are right.  I do overstate.

But, I have pointed out many contradictions - and have yet to hear any comments directed toward them.

do you have faith in 'creatio ex nihilo'

or can you rationalize it with science

Well Sam, if you believe that it takes a creator in order to have a creation.  Then who created God?

If you believe that God can have always existed without a creator - then it is just as easy to believe that the universe always existed without a creator.

I just don't know - as we all don't know.  Ignorance is no reason to believe wild stories made up by cave-men to try to  explain the unexplainable.

God created man and then followed a band of Israelites around the Middle East a few thousand years ago, according to Christians.  What about those humans that lived in the Americas or China or anywhere else on this Earth 10,00 years ago?  Why no messages for them?  Did they not have souls to save?

But, I have pointed out many contradictions - and have yet to hear any comments directed toward them.

One of my aspects in life is to introduce the Gospel....obviously you have heard of it because as a free thinker, you would not just spout out on subjects without researching it...

so while I respect your intellect ...I think it is misguided.....just like you might think my faith is misplaced

so it leaves us in a spot where neither of us are going to change the others mind....

I respect you so I read what you type but am not going to let it effect me..sorry no disrespect meant to you...

I have only one person on mute because I do not like reading billboards on the highway...

Good fortune to you Branch...you are very intelligent and I would just make a fool of myself to debate you in this 

One of my aspects in life is to introduce the Gospel....obviously you have heard of it because as a free thinker, you would not just spout out on subjects without researching it...

so while I respect your intellect ...I think it is misguided.....just like you might think my faith is misplaced

so it leaves us in a spot where neither of us are going to change the others mind....

I respect you so I read what you type but am not going to let it effect me..sorry no disrespect meant to you...

I have only one person on mute because I do not like reading billboards on the highway...

Good fortune to you Branch...you are very intelligent and I would just make a fool of myself to debate you in this 

Alright - we can agree to disagree.

I don't expect anybody to change his mind. 

But, when I went to church as a youngster I was given the impression that the Bible was the inspired Word of God.  Some denominations still preach this.   And, so when I see believers posting Biblical stuff - I like to point out contradictions hoping to disabuse them of this idea.  It seems that the believers will always just ignore these contradictions. 

Like when Maron ( who I have a lot of respect for) says I can believe there are contradictions, yet seems to believe that these contradictions are not really contradictions.

Some have faith... However , faith doesn't make them less stupid than you on creation

They just feel blessed. How is that so bad?

I don't think they are stupid.  I know I make it sound that way.  Many brilliant scientists are believers.

I just don't understand the idea of "faith".  How can any thinking individual put aside reason to believe whatever he has been told.  Especially when the book doing the telling is so flawed?  ( So, I guess I actually do think believers have blocked their best human attribute - which is stupid.  But, we all do stupid things all the time - please don't consider that any more of a personal attack than any other disagreement.)

But i do understand that religion is the opiate for the masses.  As I have already let on, I have devout elderly parents who find security in this false hope.