I got Windows 10'd Right up the ASS

spankie

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ChrisHarvard

I don't see how you guys are getting forcedforcedforced in to updating.

I have enabled the option in control panel, ANY change at all requires my permission.

I'm thinking there's some hanky panky going on here because no program can force you to install it, idc if your name is Smoke or Bill Gates.

I don't see how you guys are getting forcedforcedforced in to updating.

I have enabled the option in control panel, ANY change at all requires my permission.

I'm thinking there's some hanky panky going on here because no program can force you to install it, idc if your name is Smoke or Bill Gates.

Users of Windows 7 and 8.1 have become familiar with -- jaded by, even -- the insistent, seemingly daily popups urging them to "Get Windows 10." Those messages have started taking a more aggressive turn.

Instead of simply giving you the option to install its latest operating system (or not), Microsoft now automatically schedules a date and time to update your PC to Windows 10. If you don't want the software update or if you want to change the installation date, you have to take deliberate action: manually click a link in the message, then choose to reschedule it or cancel it altogether.

Kinda sneaky, isn't it? Especially compared with the messages you've been seeing. If you click the OK button, thinking you're just getting rid of the message, the automatic update is scheduled. You'll then find Windows 10 on your PC sometime over the next several days without realizing that you agreed to it.

Guest boatboatboat

Microsoft now automatically schedules a date and time to update your PC to Windows 10. If you don't want the software update or if you want to change the installation date, you have to take deliberate action: manually click a link in the message, then choose to reschedule it or cancel it altogether.

Harvard outsmarted Bill Gates and just changed his settings

I have to say the Windows 10 notifications are nice. 

We are going to give it 1 week of testing. 

I've thought about going back to Win 7 a few times but the one thing that prevents me from doing so is the "resetting the pc" feature on Win 10.

Instead of having to reinstall the OS from scratch - you know, having to use a CD/DVD/USB stick like in Win 7 you can reinstall/factory reset/restore Windows 10 right from the settings menu and it its very fast.

Plus it resets to the latest version of the operating system, no need to reinstall drivers or updates.

If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you can try to refresh, reset, or restore it. Reset your PC prepares the PC for recycling or for transfer of ownership by reinstalling the OS, removing all user accounts and contents (e.g. data, Classic Windows applications, and Universal Windows apps), and restoring preinstalled customizations to their factory state.

A reset will only affect the partition that Windows 10 is installed on.

For more information, see: Push-button reset (Windows Drivers)

This tutorial will show you how to reset Windows 10 to remove everything and start over completely with a clean installation of Windows 10 on your PC.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to refresh Windows.