**beginning of the end for the stock market

milwaukee mike

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup the end is near...the market will go down maybe 10%, just like it did in feb, funny thing is, the world didn't end then and it wont now!

spoken like a true tv analyst  :laugh

they always mention the possibility of 10-20% corrections then look dumbfounded when the market loses 40-50% like it did in 2009, 2002, etc etc

just in the last 14 years we've had 2 huge crashes and yet nobody thinks it can/will happen again... even though the middle class is in worse shape than ever

Silver/Gold aren't apocalypse metals. All the prepper stuff is better in those cases since those would just weigh you down. IDK but it's not a world i want to live in would just OD instead.

Silver/Gold are good in a currency crisis though. And all a currency crisis is a crisis of confidence.

Ask a brazilian if they would have rather owned real or physical gold priced in real.

If countries decided to price raw materials (oil,base metals, precious metals) or settle financial contracts in something other than USD it's a big problem.

And it has been a threat via Iran and China/Russia. Iran nuclear pact, China/Russia settlement of base contracts circumventing IMF etc.

spoken like a true tv analyst  :laugh

they always mention the possibility of 10-20% corrections then look dumbfounded when the market loses 40-50% like it did in 2009, 2002, etc etc

just in the last 14 years we've had 2 huge crashes and yet nobody thinks it can/will happen again... even though the middle class is in worse shape than ever

Alright, tell us how much this decline will be? 2008/09 wasn't the end of the world either, was it? I want it to go down, I'm mostly out of my 401K and need it to go down so I can get back in.

Silver/Gold aren't apocalypse metals. All the prepper stuff is better in those cases since those would just weigh you down. IDK but it's not a world i want to live in would just OD instead.

Silver/Gold are good in a currency crisis though. And all a currency crisis is a crisis of confidence.

Ask a brazilian if they would have rather owned real or physical gold priced in real.

If countries decided to price raw materials (oil,base metals, precious metals) or settle financial contracts in something other than USD it's a big problem.

And it has been a threat via Iran and China/Russia. Iran nuclear pact, China/Russia settlement of base contracts circumventing IMF etc.

Best metal to own is ammo!

Alright, tell us how much this decline will be? 2008/09 wasn't the end of the world either, was it? I want it to go down, I'm mostly out of my 401K and need it to go down so I can get back in.

Central bank intervention late 2007-2009 just put off the inevitable. What it really amounted to was a bailout of capital owners. They are the ones who owned the vast majority of worthless paper in the form of stock shares, various underwater derivatives, unfunded pension/option liabilities and unservicable debt (whether owned directly as a mortgage or bundled/rebundled and re-branded/sold by some investment banker). The owners of this worthless capital lobbied the US government. So you had a carefully cultivated uncle warren buffet go on tv and say that "the economy needs this bailout" and various other people who benefit chirping the same on every media outlet. The people in power already purchased by campaign contributions, speech fees through their election to congress pass this bill under the guise of helping the "average" american. But who ends up owning all that worthless paper? The American government and US citizen now and in the future. That is what the bailout amounted to. One of the greatest wealth transfers in the history of man from poor/middle class to the rich. A market mechanism functions both ways to find fair value. You can't artificially suppress one side forever without consequence which i guess people have forgotten in the interim.

Central bank intervention late 2007-2009 just put off the inevitable. What it really amounted to was a bailout of capital owners. They are the ones who owned the vast majority of worthless paper in the form of stock shares, various underwater derivatives, unfunded pension/option liabilities and unservicable debt (whether owned directly as a mortgage or bundled/rebundled and re-branded/sold by some investment banker). The owners of this worthless capital lobbied the US government. So you had a carefully cultivated uncle warren buffet go on tv and say that "the economy needs this bailout" and various other people who benefit chirping the same on every media outlet. The people in power already purchased by campaign contributions, speech fees through their election to congress pass this bill under the guise of helping the "average" american. But who ends up owning all that worthless paper? The American government and US citizen now and in the future. That is what the bailout amounted to. One of the greatest wealth transfers in the history of man from poor/middle class to the rich. A market mechanism functions both ways to find fair value. You can't artificially suppress one side forever without consequence which i guess people have forgotten in the interim.

better than i could've said it mikeman

no idea how much the decline could/would be, in the meantime if you want bargains then sell out of the money puts... i have about a dozen stocks that i do that with, if a stock is at 20 then i sell the 17.50s out a few months... if i end up buying it then i turn around and sell 17.50 calls

best to do this on stable stuff like real estate with nice dividends, gold, something with a lot of intellectual property, etc... my favorites are mcs/mgp/gld/lgf