Mass shooting in Orlando..possible terrorist act

IAG

I prefer a proactive rather than reactive approach to almost everything in life.

Absolutely concur, which is why I deliberately choose to plan for peaceful outcomes and a world of non-violence.

And that's exactly the reality I experience.

Others have different experiences based solely on where they choose to give their attention.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tripp.

:jerk

:gun2

These deaths can be avoided, thats the sad part. Too many dont care or refuse to see the big picture because it doesnt fit what they want

I love the USA, New york city will always be home to me. But the big reason i never chose to move back after university is the gun laws. 

People will kill if they want to.

You are too naive to see it.  Thats the sad part. 

So if im an angry guy and want to kill a bunch of people, its just as easy if i have a knife or whatever in my house than if i have gun or multiple guns??

Good luck going and killing 20+ people in a crowd with a knife unless you are jason bourne 

Im not saying you can eliminate all murders. But putting guns in everyones hands makes it easy. It makes it easy for a depressed kid to commit suicide because he feels life is hopeless when he may not feel that way in a week or even in an hour. It makes it easy for a jealous spouse to kill a cheating spouse in a moment of uncontrollable rage

These are things that most of time WOULD NOT happen with a gun. COULD a kid still kill himself? Yes but its less likely. Pulling a trigger makes it easy, makes it painless. Its easy to act fast and do a lot of damage

I honestly have no idea how an educated man can see all the stats and not understand there is an issue with everyone possessing a gun. Do you think people dont get mad at each other in other countries? Nobody else ever FEELS like killing others in other countries? Of course they do

So if im an angry guy and want to kill a bunch of people, its just as easy if i have a knife or whatever in my house than if i have gun or multiple guns??

No. 

I don't know why continue to ever bother.

Do you realize how many guns are in the US?  Do you realize the already black market for guns?

Outlawing guns in the US will do NOTHING to prevent these types of things in the US.

Guns are out there.  Everywhere.  Outlawing them just sends the rest of them to the black market.

Sigh....

Woman and children would be slaughtered at an unreal level.....home invasions would be a daily occurrence all over America....All if guns were outlawed.....

Thugs will always have guns and the only thing keeping them out of your house is the thought that you might have a gun.......a White woman at home alone with a No Gun law would be raped on a daily basis until the day she was raped and killed....if they know that you don't have a gun and that they do that's it. It's over, they're coming into your house and fvcking you up and taking your shit....

Guns are a must in America......it might work elsewhere I will admit that, but it wouldn't work here.....we're too far gone

No.

I don't know why continue to ever bother.

Do you realize how many guns are in the US? Do you realize the already black market for guns?

Outlawing guns in the US will do NOTHING to prevent these types of things in the US.

Guns are out there. Everywhere. Outlawing them just sends the rest of them to the black market.

Sigh....

Obama is the best gun salesmen ever! The numbers are astronomical.

Woman and children would be slaughtered at an unreal level.....home invasions would be a daily occurrence all over America....All if guns were outlawed.....

Thugs will always have guns and the only thing keeping them out of your house is the thought that you might have a gun.......a White woman at home alone with a No Gun law would be raped on a daily basis until the day she was raped and killed....if they know that you don't have a gun and that they do that's it. It's over, they're coming into your house and fvcking you up and taking your shit....

Guns are a must in America......it might work elsewhere I will admit that, but it wouldn't work here.....we're too far gone

I don't see this happening at all.  It doesn't happen in nice neighborhoods in 3rd world countries where guns are illegal.

Sounds good in fantasy land.

Radical Islam might have something to say about that.

RI not a part of my world though it is clear many people welcome them in to their own.

It's a Vedic/Buddhist perspective here and not really a fit for an internet chat thread focusing intently on RI

There was More than One Shooter at Pulse in Orlando

Real life is not like the movies. People are surprisingly hard to kill. Bullets, even from an AR-15 “assault rifle” do not leave one person to kill others.

Currently the media has created a narrative. Omar Mateen acted alone when he shot up the Pulse nightclub in Orlando. This “lone wolf” killed over 50 people and maimed 53. That’s a casualty count of over 100.

Even at closed quarters, it takes several rounds to kill a person. People are terrible shots. People who are full of adrenaline and have been running are also terrible shots. Witness interviews also indicate that Mateen shot into the ceiling.

How many rounds of ammo did Mateen have, and would that number be enough to take out over 100 people?

To prove this to be true, here is what we would need:

Firearms used (currently rumored to be an AR-15, plus a “handgun”)

Each magazine used

Casualty count (total dead and wounded)

Ballistic report from each victim (how many rounds are in each victim)

Pictures of entire structure with bullet holes counted

The firearms used and expended magazines would tell us how many bullets were fired into Pulse and the victims. We would also need to match the ballistic reports to the firearm used to ensure that no other firearm (and thus shooter) was responsible for the deaths of the victims.