• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a gun owner (multiple guns)

Someone who actually fires my guns and is proficient

Someone who was (no longer is) a NRA member for 2 decades

I wish the NRA would step up to the plate and say 

"yea you are right, we don't need the common Joe to be able to walk into a Cabellas and buy 3000 rounds and one of these"

Responsible owner here, too, Boat. Growing up where I did and in my family and circle of friends, guns are a part of life and we are taught at early age how to respect them and use them. I do not have an AR with 3000 rnds. I might if I could afford it, but I also don't have the need for one now. Many of my friends and family do have them.

I do have a shotgun and 30-30 that are enough to meet my needs. I do feel that if I wanted to walk into Cabela's and pick one up that I should be able to. As should anybody that meets the requirements and is not on any watch list or has a previous record, etc. I'm all for making them more difficult to get and more strenuous background checks or waiting periods are fine by me as well. But, I do not believe they should be impossible to get. Tougher to get, yes. Impossible, no. 

As you would like NRA to say that average Joe shouldn't be able to get these, I'd like to hear the prez, who mentioned today the glock that "apparently had a lot of clips in it"  and others admit that they do not have enough knowledge and understanding about firearms to be making decisions about them for our country. At the same rate, I wouldn't want a "gun nut" making those decisions. If only there was a way both sides of this debate could work together, put political differences, parties, and affiliations aside and come up with the best solutions, wouldn't that be great?

I don't know if there will ever be a right answer or end to this debate or a solution to keep the US safe, while not infringing on the rights of others. Interesting read though, as long as the debates stay on point and civil.

Jd why do i need an ar?

Have 2 btw and will make video with them. Have made many gun vids in past

I don't know boat. I don't have a need for one, but I feel I should have the right to get one if I felt that need. It could be made very difficult to get and have proper checks and timeline in place. Other people may feel the need to have one. I really feel a lot of it is location and upbringing. Growing up in the South in a family of hunters, some military people, and around people with the mindset of doing whatever they have to do to protect their own, and are as far to the right as it gets, my views are different from someone else in a different situation and different upbringing. 

I try to look at things from all sides, but it is difficult at times to escape what was instilled in you from an early age. For me personally, this includes growing up around strong gun, religion, racist views, political views, and so on. All are something I had to learn to overcome and make my own views of as I experienced life and became an adult and got acquainted with and became close friends with people that had different views and skin color than the people in the little holler in coal country that I grew up on. 

I remember some of your gun videos from before. You seem very knowledgeable and responsible. 

Guest boatboatboat

I love guns jd

May sell some cars and start collecting them.

Im serious.

Old west guns intrest me a great deal.

Would love to have gattlin gun, and display in office

What are you looking for, love to help with selection

I'll let you know later on. Money is too big of an issue right now. Maybe next year. I've shot a few different ones. Buddy of mine has a M&P that he is fond of. I'm not a huge glock fan, but haven't been exposed too much to them. I shot a 17 or 19 once, but I don't remember which one. The feel wasn't great for me, but I'd give it another chance. I'm not as much stuck to getting one particular brand name, I just need to make sure the feel is right and something I'd be comfortable with and reliable.  

I've seen some really nice 1911's that I like, but wouldn't be a carry gun or primary use, but I really liked them. 

But mortgage, groceries, and medical bills are priority at the moment.