OT: Why do people go to church?

D-Hustle

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many just can't accept the idea that once you die there is nothing else, you're just dead. This thought consumes them to the extent that they need to imagine a scenario that their faith will enable them to live forever content in the afterlife.

Many just can't accept the idea that once you die there is nothing else, you're just dead. This thought consumes them to the extent that they need to imagine a scenario that their faith will enable them to live forever content in the afterlife.

Tell that to radical Islam! Their suppose to get 72 virgins if they blow themselves up in front of other people.

If there is no God, then this presumption is correct. 

If there is, then this presumption is still correct.  For many that want to believe in God. 

Churchies are also easy marks for scammers.

If you believe in an adult fairytale and give away part of your income to them, you're probably not too bright and easily taken advantage of.

83% of America identifies as Christian...have to believe there are a few bright people in there.

Same reason people do anything, bc people before them did it. People find their Jonestown (convenient delusion) and roll with it. If there were many truly free thinkers people wouldn't all do the exact same thing that millions of others do. Humans are programmed. Bunch of Jonestowns rolling around colliding from time to time. #howieday

its always you fuking dumbasses that don't go to church that think you got all the answers.

have fun rotting in hell

I don't think I have all the answers - I am willing to admit that.  You are the one that thinks he has all the answers - hence those Sunday Bible questions that I have missed the last few weeks.

The problem is that all your answers come from the parts of the Bible that you have proudly placed your "faith" in.  Placing faith means that you have chosen not to use your powers of reasoning, instead blindly believing what men wrote several thousand years ago.

And when I point out where the Bible contradicts itself, you have no comment.  We wouldn't want to shake that "faith" tree, would we?

I go to church to try and get a moral compass that is better than my own......

Why not use the Bible as a moral compass?  I assume when you say "church", you mean a Christian church.

Why do you need men to interpret the word of God for you?  

I can understand people going for the worship or the fellowship.  But to go for the sole reason of being spoon fed a message?  I don't get that.