Durant to the Warriors

rjt

Why bother with the regular season for the next 2 seasons, let GS and Cleveland play a best of 20 for the championship. The other 28 teams wasting there time.

What happens when the best of 20 is tied at 10 games? They split the title? Or go to penalty kicks?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lakers would do Ingram and the bitch snitch I bet

Then youve got nothing though. Whos their best young guy after that, Julius Randle? Second best player is Deng or Mozgov?

Then if Russ bolts after 1 year cause he realizes Lakers uni isnt as fun when you are surrounded by clowns Lakers are set back another 3 years by losing their last two top 3 picks

Russ for Kemba and Frank Kaminsky sounds like a good deal.

Kemba and Oladipo good young backcourt for years to come and maybe Kaminsky turns into something.. Obv Charlotte would need to get a promise set in stone that Russ would stay

no way Russ promises anyone anything. Thats what makes the deal a little tricky 

Still will have teams lining up to get Russ but teams with elite young prospects wont want to give them away when Russ is likely to bolt them after one year anyways. Lakers are probably one of the few teams that would feel confident hed end up staying (smart or otherwise i mean these are the same guys that thought for sure they had Melo, then for sure had Howard staying, then for sure had KD this year)

If I'm the Pacers I offer Teague and Turner

Russell and Pg would be solid

Houston should offer the house let harden and RW try to work

If I'm Minnesota I absolutely give up Wiggins for RW

These are all contingent on sign and trade

I dont give up Wiggins, but theres also no way RW is agreeing in advance to lock himself to any team, esp teams like Indiana, Minnesota or Houston

Everything said about Russ said he wants the bright lights he wants the big market, esp out west. 

50/50.

I don't think he's a lock to leave. If presti can pull something off he stays. Russ is the ultimate competitor. He's not going to go join some stacked team. I guarantee he still thinks he can win a title this year without durant.

All the talk was he wanted to leave OKC even before KD bolted. You think that makes him want to stay??

And if for some reason he thinks OKC can win a title next year without KD he will find out very fast thats not true. Its not the Cavs from 2010 when Lebron left and they were the worst team in the league, they should still be a playoff team as long as Russ doesnt get hurt, but they are nowhere near contenders without another star

And not easy to get a star to go to OKC. Maybe put him on SA next year so we have three crazy teams and everyone else just sucks

All the talk was he wanted to leave OKC even before KD bolted. You think that makes him want to stay??

And if for some reason he thinks OKC can win a title next year without KD he will find out very fast thats not true. Its not the Cavs from 2010 when Lebron left and they were the worst team in the league, they should still be a playoff team as long as Russ doesnt get hurt, but they are nowhere near contenders without another star

And not easy to get a star to go to OKC. Maybe put him on SA next year so we have three crazy teams and everyone else just sucks

What talk? All the talk said durant was staying too.

Talk is cheap and I haven't heard a thing. I don't see a guy like Russell joining a super team.

What talk? All the talk said durant was staying too.

Talk is cheap and I haven't heard a thing. I don't see a guy like Russell joining a super team.

Talk has always been that he wanted to leave and join the Lakers or some team out west, which wouldnt be joining a super team but would allow him to play where he wants to play and have the ability to create his own super team in time easier than if he stayed in a city like OKC

Who knows, i obv dont know the guy personally so not going to talk like i know for a fact he cares about playing for the Lakers. But he was always considered the more likely of the two to leave and it seems clear to me from the outside when KD left Russ was going too

Also i thought KD was going to stay in OKC (only for 1 year then leave with Russ if they didnt win the title), but when you take 6 big interviews theres always a decent chance you are leaving. Even if you dont plan on leaving once you get into a room with all those guys wooing you im guessing its not hard to be swayed 

KD has still yet to prove he's more valuable to start a franchise than LBJ.  And with both GS centers now gone, who are they gonna resurrect from the scrap heap?  The immortal Robert Swift?

He doesnt need to be more valuable than Lebron. I dont think anyone on the planet anymore even tries to say Durant > Lebron (i know those people existed a few years ago but even they know better now- well at least theyve just moved on to trying to say Steph is better)

Even if Durant is just an all star hed push GS into best ever category. They were arguably that good already last year and now they swap Barnes/Bogut for an elite player. 

It will be interesting to see how they play and if teams can exploit them down low, but even if you do 3 beats 2 all day and they have 3 of the best three point shooters in the league, all of whom are also excellent off the bounce

I'm interested to see how Steph responds. He's going to get a lot more open looks next year. He might hit 500 3s.

They wont be able to trap him as much off the pnrs, esp when he can run them with KD now, but he also wont be able to shoot as much

Id put money on Stephs numbers going down. Team will be better but individual numbers will have to suffer. KD will be a 20+ ppg guy still those points gotta come from somebody