OT: D.B. Cooper

KingRevolver

FBI announced this past week that they officially closed the case after 45 years.

Anyway, the History Channel had a two-part series on it.  Watching it now.  Very interesting so far!  Recommend it...

Part 1- In 1971, D.B. Cooper hijacks a Northwest Orient flight bound for Seattle and demands $200,000 in cash, then he jumps from the plane, never to be seen again; investigators reveal new information through interviews with experts and insiders.

Yeah I watched it too. Normally with these type things the guy is dead and that's why the case has been cold for years. Don't think so with this one, there was another suspect awhile back that was a dead ringer, forget what happened to him.

I watch/read pretty much every Jack the Ripper theory thing as well. Historical crimes fascinate me.

You know much about the Black Dahlia, pal?

Funny, that's another one that gets widespread pub, lots of theories floating around.

It was so much easier to get away with these type crimes before DNA was around. They didn't even have fingerprint technology in the Jack the Ripper era.

Criminals in that era were also stupid enough to send letters to the papers daring cops to catch them.

In any time period the guys that are going to get away with it are the ones that target random victims that they have no prior connection to.

Zodiac killer never caught. Green River Killer and BTK were.

These guys have different mentalities (obviously) than you and I. The one thing in common they all seem to have are authority issues.

I used to buy all the true crime shit, read about every Manson title there is. Fascinating insight into the human mind.

I watched it as well.  Anybody know why there was no fingerprint evidence?  I understand how the cigarettes were contaminated and worthless in modern day forensic testing.

The dude had no gun as far as we know - when Tina left the plane to get the money - the rest of the crew should have bailed right with her.

Guest ChrisHarvard

Elliot in the morning was talking about this last week.

Interesting story.

They marked all the $20 bills, how did he spend them and avoid capture?

Actually, that Richard McCoy guy made the most sense. I mean come on... the guy pulled the EXACT same thing 5 months later. That time he jumped out with $500k, but he was busted... and died in the shootout with authorities.

That's the guy I was thinking of as well