Blue

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I do remember a roided up Hollins hitting one or two salamis

Random story....

I was an avid autograph hound in my younger years, and went to the Red Barons Stadium almost daily, since I lived about 15 minutes from it. I got a Hollins cracked bat, and I had him sign it.

One of the other auto hounds, who I would compete with for cracked bats, decided to go to Philly, and I went with him. We've gone on other trips to Baltimore and Philly.

I usally hung out where the vistors would come in at the Vet, the media entrance. This fucker went by the phils parking lot. This guy had enough balls to go down the ramp and pretend he was a food worker. He then proceeded to breach the visiting clubhouse, and lift an uncracked Sammy Sosa bat. This was before Sosa being big time.

I trade him the Hollins cracked bat for the Sosa bat, because I was a huge cubs fan.

The best part of the story is during batting practice, I was down near the visitors dugout, near the netted backstop. Derrick May looked like he had a cracked bat, I asked him for it. It turns out the mother fucker had two cracked bats. I got first pick. It was a black bat, that wasn't Rawlings. The bat the guy stole was Rawlings. Anyway, the barrel was taped. I frantically (yeah, I know I'm getting Chris Harvardesque) and it was a Sammy Sosa bat.

Great memories, but I sold them when he got hot, for gambling money. 

What two MLB players hold the record for most grand slams in a season? I feel like maybe Mike Schmidt is one. Willie Stargell the other?

With them playing Marlins would guess Stanton might be one

Former Ranger Great Fernando Tatis hit two grand slams in one inning 1999 while with Expos

Random story....

I was an avid autograph hound in my younger years, and went to the Red Barons Stadium almost daily, since I lived about 15 minutes from it. I got a Hollins cracked bat, and I had him sign it.

One of the other auto hounds, who I would compete with for cracked bats, decided to go to Philly, and I went with him. We've gone on other trips to Baltimore and Philly.

I usally hung out where the vistors would come in at the Vet, the media entrance. This fucker went by the phils parking lot. This guy had enough balls to go down the ramp and pretend he was a food worker. He then proceeded to breach the visiting clubhouse, and lift an uncracked Sammy Sosa bat. This was before Sosa being big time.

I trade him the Hollins cracked bat for the Sosa bat, because I was a huge cubs fan.

The best part of the story is during batting practice, I was down near the visitors dugout, near the netted backstop. Derrick May looked like he had a cracked bat, I asked him for it. It turns out the mother fucker had two cracked bats. I got first pick. It was a black bat, that wasn't Rawlings. The bat the guy stole was Rawlings. Anyway, the barrel was taped. I frantically (yeah, I know I'm getting Chris Harvardesque) and it was a Sammy Sosa bat.

Great memories, but I sold them when he got hot, for gambling money. 

Sounds like a great time. Bucket list for me is to visit all 30 stadiums one summer. Man that would be cool.

With them playing Marlins would guess Stanton might be one

Former Ranger Great Fernando Tatis hit two grand slams in one inning 1999 while with Expos

Tatis? That name rings a bell. Idk has Stanton been around long enough? Something about Willie Stargell and grand slams sticks in my head, we shall see.