It is Official : ObamaCare is a Failure

Sam Odom

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you even understand medicare?

Yes for sure.  My parents both on it now.   It's ok I guess.   They retired at 55, so after 10 years of paying high cost huge deductible insurance I suppose it's better.  My dad found it fascinating how much less the doctors want to see him now that the gov't is paying versus out of his own pocket.

Yes for sure. My parents both on it now. It's ok I guess. They retired at 55, so after 10 years of paying high cost huge deductible insurance I suppose it's better. My dad found it fascinating how much less the doctors want to see him now that the gov't is paying versus out of his own pocket.

I will be in the same situation. Will be retiring at 52.

I can look at my sales to date for that, the numbers don't lie.

WVU - the obamaplan has been a huge success for people who pre-existing conditions who had a hard time getting insured.

It's also a success in the states that accepted the entire thing as it was designed.  For the states that rejected the medicaid expansion even though the feds were paying it's fked up.

The biggest thing people don't seem to realize is it's not a gov't program.  You are not insured by the gov't.   You are required to buy insurance from a private company.  In certain income brackets you get a tax credit to do so, but the insurance company gets the whole amount.

What's even more funny is the plans on the exchange are exactly the same as the ones the companies sell off the exchange.   My shittastic cigna plan that I had for the last few years notified me that it was being canceled as of this year.  So I shopped for new plans and got a bunch of quote.  Then I checked them on the Colorado exchange, and they were all exactly the same plans.   Only difference is if you make under 94k a year (family of 4 i think) on the exchange you can get tax credits depending on income level.   Seems great for middle class.   I mean the insurance plan still blows ass, but it's still better than it was.    Mind you I speak as a self employed person, may be different as an employeer, etc.

I will be in the same situation. Will be retiring at 52.

My dad climbs mountains all year, is in fantastic shape.  A few years ago the dr said he needed some heart tests.  The cardiologist had him in, had him walk on a treadmill, wouldn't let him go at a reasonable pace for him so it was a joke.  They said it didn't work because he didn't get his heart rate up fast enough. Then they billed him 5k.   The shit insurance they was like 1500 a month but 30k deductible.   They do more tests and more bills -- mind you he feels fantastic, doesn't need anything.  Eventually they say nothing wrong.

Now, on medicare, he's having chest pains, and they don't order anything ever.

It's also a success in the states that accepted the entire thing as it was designed. For the states that rejected the medicaid expansion even though the feds were paying it's fked up.

The biggest thing people don't seem to realize is it's not a gov't program. You are not insured by the gov't. You are required to buy insurance from a private company. In certain income brackets you get a tax credit to do so, but the insurance company gets the whole amount.

What's even more funny is the plans on the exchange are exactly the same as the ones the companies sell off the exchange. My shittastic cigna plan that I had for the last few years notified me that it was being canceled as of this year. So I shopped for new plans and got a bunch of quote. Then I checked them on the Colorado exchange, and they were all exactly the same plans. Only difference is if you make under 94k a year (family of 4 i think) on the exchange you can get tax credits depending on income level. Seems great for middle class. I mean the insurance plan still blows ass, but it's still better than it was. Mind you I speak as a self employed person, may be different as an employeer, etc.

85% of Americans are eligible for subsidies. Just another welfare program.

My dentist doesn't either. I pay up front and my insurance sends me a check.

Lol.  My new insurance wont even count what I pay at my dr against their deductible, let alone pay it.

You have dental insurance?   I haven't been to a Dentist in the US for 15 years.  

Guest boatboatboat

Guys this is the majority of what I do over the auto and home.

I hate health any more

Uses to have a few small groups, but never concentrated any effort on it

Sure as heck don't now

Med sups nice in open enrollment period. That's about it for me in the health arena outside of long term care

85% of Americans are eligible for subsidies. Just another welfare program.

Except the welfare recipient is the insurance companies.  When you going to notice that the us gov't only exists to serve the interests of the super rich (multi national corps).  Both parties are the same.