Will the SEC lose it's title of best football conference this year?

WVU

The best classes win the most games. Individually no, but as a group you know.

Correct, but you can't say a class is the best just because some recruiting experts said so. It doesn't always work that way. Some kids peak in high school and their talent doesn't always translate to the next level. Others may get hurt or transfer or for whatever reason not be the player that the recruitniks thought they'd be.

The recruiting guys do a better job than the people that rank the teams, but it's still an imperfect science.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to WVU....their first win against an SEC team after five consecutive losses to the conference...albeit against a newcomer....

WV has won half of the match ups against current SEC teams. You didn't mention the string of 5 wins against SEC teams prior to the losses. The SEC ain't got nothing on the good ole boys of WVU

Guest boatboatboat

SEC is blessed to play bowl games in warm locations. It''s created a mystic around the conference, because they have done so well in bowl games.

Would love to see am Alabama or LSU come to Happy Valley in Jan and play a true road game come bowl season vs a Mich or Mich St

SEC is blessed to play bowl games in warm locations. It''s created a mystic around the conference, because they have done so well in bowl games.

Would love to see am Alabama or LSU come to Happy Valley in Jan and play a true road game come bowl season vs a Mich or Mich St

They dont have bowl games up north because theres not enough interest to make any money. Should the Stanley Cup be played in Cuba?

We see these same penus envy threads everytime a SEC team doesnt cover.

There can only be one "best" ,doesnt mean others arent good...but they arent close and we all know it

Guest boatboatboat

They dont have bowl games up north because theres not enough interest to make any money.

Huh?

the $ is made via TV

You are saying the north has no interest in football?

Damn someone should told Mich,PSU and OSU that before they built the 3 largest capacity stadiums in all of college

They dont have bowl games up north because theres not enough interest to make any money. Should the Stanley Cup be played in Cuba?

We see these same penus envy threads everytime a SEC team doesnt cover.

There can only be one "best" ,doesnt mean others arent good...but they arent close and we all know it

Why would anyone have envy?

I dont root for or really give any craps about any college program, let alone a freaking conference. I root for who i have money on and thats it in college sports. And in no other sports do you have people crazily rooting for entire divisions or conferences. I like the Jets, i dont root AFC East as if it makes the Jets any better than the Pats have been the best franchise in the NFL by a mile the past 10-15 years. 

Same situation in college foots. Alabama is clearly king of college foots. That has literally nothing to do with Tennessee, Georgia, Vanderbilt or South Carolina. Those teams dont get credit for Bama being awesome every year. 

[quote name="tripp" post="637422" timestamp="1473008491"

Same situation in college foots. Alabama is clearly king of college foots. That has literally nothing to do with Tennessee, Georgia, Vanderbilt or South Carolina. Those teams dont get credit for Bama being awesome every year.

This is waaaaay too logical for 90% of SEC fans. I guarantee few OSU fans root for Mich.