Completely off topic, but watch the new documentary about Jon Benet-Ramsey

TerraFin

You would make a poor DA

Kid would get off in court

You would have egg on your face... double jeoardy

Off course he'd get off in court. That was my point. The other point was, knowing that, why the parents didn't just call an ambulance?

I never have egg on my face. Well, occasionally when I have a loaded egg salad sangie. 

It not's double jeoardy. He's only nine. He doesn't have the capacity to form criminal intent under the law at that age.

Did you watch the interview with the kid???

He was lying throughout.

The detective showed him a pic of table and asked what he saw. He refused to say the bowl had pineapple in it after 5 mins earlier saying how much he loved pineapple.

Yeah, the kid went, "Ohhhh that..." when they showed him the picture of the pinnacle.  Then he didn't want to say that it was the pineapple... when he fuckin' knew damn well that it was... his fingerprints were on the bowl and the glass of tea.   :laugh

Very suspicious. 

A working class family would have been treated differently for sure. Different set of rules in this country.

It wasn't really a treatment issue, though, was it? A kid accidentally kills his younger sister. Rich or poor, you get the same treatment. 

It was all complicated by the coverup, for nothing. Nothing would have happened to the kid.

That's a little much for me. He didn't mean to do it, but to categorize it as not the end of the world is extreme. A young girl's life was taken. 

It was 20 years ago, it's ancient history, sure it's interesting if the truth comes out(same with jacob wetterlings kidnapping), but it's not like even if the guy admitted it, they would do anything about it. The cover up was criminal, the killing of a 5 yr old by her 9 year old brother in a fit of rage is a tragedy, nothing more.