If Obama Got 60% of popular vote...

Timely Hitting

He's done very well but was also in a position where he only had up to really go.  Watch our economy over time and its always up/down(sometimes more dramatic then others).  Whoever is in office during downfall is blamed and during recovery hailed as hero.

Painful as it is to admit it is a world economy now and has been for many years. The nature of a world economy is cyclical in nature and nothing the POTUS does is ever going to affect it to any meaningful degree.

A collapse in Greece or a housing recession in Japan is going to affect our economy more than anything some US president does.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Painful as it is to admit it is a world economy now and has been for many years. The nature of a world economy is cyclical in nature and nothing the POTUS does is ever going to affect it to any meaningful degree.

A collapse in Greece or a housing recession in Japan is going to affect our economy more than anything some US president does.

What?

The "world economy" remains in recession and has suffered much worse times than the US during the past 8 years.

He wouldn't get 60%, but in a 3 person race he would destroy these candidates and it wouldn't be close.

Trolling what? It's an in jest thread. JFC.

I know you don't believe that.

If he was in a race with these other 2 he would effectively split the liberal vote and Trump would win. Or more likely in such a scenario the Republicans would elect a more moderate candidate knowing they would be a lock against the split Democrats.

I will concede this, Obama is hands down a much better choice than Mrs Clinton, not even close. She is a big part of what is wrong with this country. I don't think anything horrible will happen under her administration, no US president wields that kind of power in modern times.

I just hate to see a total scumbag like her rewarded for a lifetime of sleaziness. It's embarrassing we couldn't come up with better candidates.

Good post sir. Neither of these candidates are going to help as there both big government and spenders.

I know you don't believe that.

If he was in a race with these other 2 he would effectively split the liberal vote and Trump would win. Or more likely in such a scenario the Republicans would elect a more moderate candidate knowing they would be a lock against the split Democrats.

I will concede this, Obama is hands down a much better choice than Mrs Clinton, not even close. She is a big part of what is wrong with this country. I don't think anything horrible will happen under her administration, no US president wields that kind of power in modern times.

I just hate to see a total scumbag like her rewarded for a lifetime of sleaziness. It's embarrassing we couldn't come up with better candidates.

Trump is rewarded for a lifetime of sleaziness.

"Or more likely in such a scenario the Republicans would elect a more moderate candidate knowing they would be a lock against the split Democrats."

Surely you jest.

Like I said in a thread I made a few months ago, Top 5 President of all-time.  Haters gonna hate!

who are you moving off this list exactly  and this is 6

Washington

Lincoln

FDR

Jefferson

teddy Roosevelt

A Jackson

--------------------------------------------------------------

granted then you can discuss both  next but you cant crack that top 6 Kinger...

then Reagan and Obama