Endoscopy

IAG

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one about 5 years ago.

Conscious sedation is the same as being "out".  They gave me a shot and told me the doctor was coming in to tell me how to swallow the tube, I don't remember anything after the shot. Next thing I knew I was awaking from a great nap.

No pain.

Same here. I remember them telling me it was so they could tell me when to try and swallow or turn to my side or something. I had the 2 for 1 special done. The worry and prep is worse part. No pain or after effects from it. Don't remember anything from actual procedures.

Good luck IAG.

IAG whatever it is, it is

Just suck it up and get it done.

Good luck

Had one maybe 10 years ago.

Remember them telling me to count down and next thing I knew I was waking up in some recovery bed. Started to kinda freak out and got up and started getting dressed. Doc came and talked to me (had bleedig esoNon heterosexual person eal ulcer) and said I needed to be wheeled chaired out. Apparently I didn't like that and tried the fight a male attendant and a male nurse. They wheeled me out to my moms car and kicked their wheelchair across the street and told the guy pushing me to fuck off.

Procedure itself is no biggie , I just don't respond well to anesthesia.

Thank you for the info and reassurance. I didn't realize it must be a somewhat common deal, or else an inordinate amount of TGFers with stomach problems. This will be going towards my deductible. Any clue how much this is going to cost me?

Thank you for the info and reassurance. I didn't realize it must be a somewhat common deal, or else an inordinate amount of TGFers with stomach problems. This will be going towards my deductible. Any clue how much this is going to cost me?

Not sure on price. It has been several years since mine and I had multiple issues and tests done. Tell them you are part of the TGF poverty meal thread and send them link. Should get 10% off.

Gambling = stress

Stress = stomach issues

Though to be fair my issues were caused by booze , cigs, pils, and coke w a small side of stress tossed in.

Good news is, haven't had to take ulcer meds for about 6 years now and my esoNon heterosexual person us and stomach are 100% back to normal now.

Had one maybe 10 years ago.

Remember them telling me to count down and next thing I knew I was waking up in some recovery bed. Started to kinda freak out and got up and started getting dressed. Doc came and talked to me (had bleedig esoNon heterosexual person eal ulcer) and said I needed to be wheeled chaired out. Apparently I didn't like that and tried the fight a male attendant and a male nurse. They wheeled me out to my moms car and kicked their wheelchair across the street and told the guy pushing me to fuck off.

Procedure itself is no biggie , I just don't respond well to anesthesia.

LOLOL

When I wake up they tell me I always say weird shit. "The Runner" is well known at this particular outpatient surgery center. I'm told they always get a good chuckle from what I say.

Plommy what was the Final Analysis on that medical scare you incurred? I don't remember you following up with us

They found and removed 7 polyps in May, one was very large and required a follow up colonoscopy in Aug where they removed the remainder of the large polyp.

I am scheduled for another colonoscopy in Aug 2017.

They found and removed 7 polyps in May, one was very large and required a follow up colonoscopy in Aug where they removed the remainder of the large polyp.

I am scheduled for another colonoscopy in Aug 2017.

Ok. Good Luck, Pal.

Keep us posted

Never ever forget "The Runner" loves each and every one of you LIL NIGS, as if you were my own

Gambling = stress

Stress = stomach issues

Though to be fair my issues were caused by booze , cigs, pils, and coke w a small side of stress tossed in.

Good news is, haven't had to take ulcer meds for about 6 years now and my esoNon heterosexual person us and stomach are 100% back to normal now.

Mine are probably pill and spicy food related. Did you have any swallowing problems? Pills are getting tough to swallow. It's annoying, never had tummy issues until the last 6 mos or so, and just got bad over last month or so.

Mine are probably pill and spicy food related. Did you have any swallowing problems? Pills are getting tough to swallow. It's annoying, never had tummy issues until the last 6 mos or so, and just got bad over last month or so.

Those pills you take wreck your stomach.

Swallowing wasn't the issue , it was constant heart burn for me. Ended up being ulcers. Took some pill that coated my digestive system (Hoffa takes the same one but I can't remember the name of it. ) I also ate super healthy and plain for about a year and everything cleared up. Stopped smoking and didn't drink for awhile either.

Prilosec, the stuff is magic.

I used to get heartburn eating anything more spicy than water, now I can eat molten lava.

I am on something similar but it's prescription strength. And it's stronger because of the condition I have

You have to understand something about the PILL you're taking, and other medications like them

The reason you don't get sick anymore, is because that PILL eats away a lot of the acid in your stomach. Now there's a problem with that.

Acid in your stomach is what helps you digest your food. Acid=digests food properly. When you don't have that acid your food is not being digested properly.

When the food you are eating isn't digested properly, your fucking cholesterol goes thru the roof. You have to monitor that closely. And if need be counterbalance that problem with another medication

Every single medication has a cause and effect. They all help one problem, while causing another problem

I am on something similar but it's prescription strength. And it's stronger because of the condition I have

You have to understand something about the PILL you're taking, and other medications like them

The reason you don't get sick anymore, is because that PILL eats away a lot of the acid in your stomach. Now there's a problem with that.

Acid in your stomach is what helps you digest your food. Acid=digests food properly. When you don't have that acid your food is not being digested properly.

When the food you are eating isn't digested properly, your fucking cholesterol goes thru the roof. You have to monitor that closely. And if need be counterbalance that problem with another medication

Every single medication has a cause and effect. They all help one problem, while causing another problem

Wow. Good to know. I hope not to be on this long, but the dreams are crazy Fun.