Endoscopy

IAG

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear IAG.

I'm gonna be having my first one in a couple months. Am more worried about the results than the actual procedure.

Good luck. I was more worried about the procedure, but now that it's over, I am more worried about the results also. If they can't find anything in the biopsy, I'm going to be really upset about a $1500 test that was not even with the doctor originally ordered. They could've started on the more conservative side.

Why are they doing yours?

Good luck. I was more worried about the procedure, but now that it's over, I am more worried about the results also. If they can't find anything in the biopsy, I'm going to be really upset about a $1500 test that was not even with the doctor originally ordered. They could've started on the more conservative side.

Why are they doing yours?

I'm only 39 but long family history of colon cancer on both sides of my family so my doc wants me to get started early.  

I'm only 39 but long family history of colon cancer on both sides of my family so my doc wants me to get started early.

You must be having a colonoscopy not an endoscopy? I think they're similar procedures, but at different entry points. Yes, with that much family history you should definitely get started early. Good luck!

Remind us as it gets closer, and let us know how it went.

You must be having a colonoscopy not an endoscopy? I think they're similar procedures, but at different entry points. Yes, with that much family history you should definitely get started early. Good luck!

Remind us as it gets closer, and let us know how it went.

Will do.  I'm actually having both done at the same time (preferably not with the same camera).  

Will do. I'm actually having both done at the same time (preferably not with the same camera).

Lolol. Yeah hopefully not!! The guy In room next to me yesterday was having both done at the same time also. If you have to do it, best to do it all at once I guess.

• 1 month later...

Going back to doc in May

Almost sure I have a hiatal hernia, and going to need one.

Main reason I've basically quit drinking (maybe drink a 6 pack every couple weeks)..and almost completely cigs (down to about a pack every 2 to 3 weeks)

Can't even hardly moderate without it hurting for 3 or 4 days after...not worth it anymore !!