Finished my Rental Apartment

ERBtheGREAT

I remember some people wanted pictures, just finished 2 weeks ago and signed the lease.  Total cost for house and all renovations, just under 23k.  Have it rented for 650 per month and tenant pays all utilities.  

Should be all profit in just over 3 years from now.  Heading over to finish a tiny bit of work, I'll post some pictures then.

Way to go ERB.  Get that money working for you, so you don't have to work for it!

I've bought and fixed-up a couple and then rented them out.  But, with the real estate market as hot as it is right now, my daughter and I decided to try flipping.  We just finished one that took a long time, ( bought it about the same time you started your thread, about 8 months ago), but it sold the day we listed it - and now we are looking for another one.

If I could buy houses for 20k, put in 5k more and rent for $650 I wouldn't stop buying houses and renting them out.......are these located in hurricane zones? There's gotta be a catch, if not I'd go buy 5 right now..

I think its in Wilkes barre PA. Hood but that's where you get the deals

If I could buy houses for 20k, put in 5k more and rent for $650 I wouldn't stop buying houses and renting them out.......are these located in hurricane zones? There's gotta be a catch, if not I'd go buy 5 right now..

No hurricane zones.  Property values here is western MIchigan are comparable to what ERB finds in Pennsylvania.  Many homes needing repair can be found in the $20,000 to $40,000 range that are worth $80,000 to $100,000 if fixed up properly.

I know I could never do this in New York or California where property values require a millionaire to pay for a light fixture.

No hurricane zones.  Property values here is western MIchigan are comparable to what ERB finds in Pennsylvania.  Many homes needing repair can be found in the $20,000 to $40,000 range that are worth $80,000 to $100,000 if fixed up properly.

I know I could never do this in New York or California where property values require a millionaire to pay for a light fixture.

At least you have areas of the country where RE is affordable and you can make money by doing work.

In Canada the place ERB listed even in the shittiest of neighborhoods would likely go for north of 200k CAD

At least you have areas of the country where RE is affordable and you can make money by doing work.

In Canada the place ERB listed even in the shittiest of neighborhoods would likely go for north of 200k CAD

Yessir.

We poor hicks in the back-country have to have some advantages!  Our paystubs are tiny, but so are our expenses.