OT: Nickelback sucks?

plommer

always funny to me when people get into heated arguments over what "good" and "bad" music is

Music is completely subjective. What is great music to one might be terrible to another, and neither can possibly be wrong. Its art, its entertainment. 

Im not a Nickelback fan but doesnt mean their music is shit. All it means is i dont like it. Its certainly popular enough that they made a very, very nice living off their music

Very few things more annoying than when people act like what music they dont like isnt "real" or "good" music because of course only their taste in music is legit. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

always funny to me when people get into heated arguments over what "good" and "bad" music is

Music is completely subjective. What is great music to one might be terrible to another, and neither can possibly be wrong. Its art, its entertainment. 

Im not a Nickelback fan but doesnt mean their music is shit. All it means is i dont like it. Its certainly popular enough that they made a very, very nice living off their music

Very few things more annoying than when people act like what music they dont like isnt "real" or "good" music because of course only their taste in music is legit. 

Can't tell if you're trolling or....

most everything in life is subjective. Movies. Food. Art. Sports.

Usually the popularity of something determines it's good or badness; and the quality of it.

Food? Well, it's 100% subjective but that doesn't mean there isn't good food and bad.

Movies? 100% subjective, but it doesn't mean there aren't great movies and bad ones.

Same for music; when you have fans boycotting an MLB game because Nickleback is performing between games it's pretty unpopular.

Country Grammar a great album still.

One of 8 or 9 rap albums ever to reach diamond status. You may not like his work since, but Country Grammar was liked by a lot more than just white people.

Country Grammar is just the eighth album in hip-hop history to achieve a diamond certification. Other diamond-selling albums include Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show, Outkast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, Tupac's All Eyez On Me, and The Beastie Boys' Licensed to Ill.

Pretty good company.

I knew a Nelly reference would draw you out.

Not disputing it's robust sales at all, but I'd bet most were sold to middle class white males like you and I.