Merry Christmas from Vice President elect, Mike Pence

Guest ChrisHarvard

Guest ChrisHarvard

Message from Vice President-elect Mike Pence:

Christmas is a time of tradition and cheer for my family as it is for families across America. 
For me, Christmas has always been the time when my present pays tribute to my past. Before the sun sets on this Christmas Eve, I will do as I have always done.... I will pause and reflect on God's blessings in my life: my wonderful family, my faith and the opportunities I have been given to serve this great nation.

In this season of family traditions, it is important to be mindful that Christmas and this holiday season can be particularly difficult for those who have lost a loved one or those struggling with life’s challenges.

Each of us can embody the spirit of the season by being generous with our time and treasure to those in need. While so many give generously to local food banks or charities that reach our most vulnerable, it is also good to remember that to reach out to a neighbor who might be spending this Christmas with a heavy heart with a helping hand, a warm meal or a word of encouragement can mean just as much to brighten this special time of year.

Let us also remember those serving in our Armed Forces and their families who may be celebrating this season worlds apart. As the proud parents of a United States Marine, Karen and I have gained a greater understanding of the sacrifices our service members make in answering the call of duty. I pray these heroes and their families find comfort in the sure knowledge that our nation is grateful for their service and remembers them in our prayers.

From our family to yours, we wish you a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah and every blessing for a healthy and prosperous New Year.

Mike Pence

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people see the word JESUS and get spooked by it.  Not sure what they are afraid of.

Trying to figure out how these guys can even go out in public without getting set off by something.  Pence trying to thank our military and give a short religious message and Joey wants to cut his throat. :laugh