OT: Coin Flip

BarryRunSome

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot defer both halves.  If you defer in the 1h, then you get 1st choice in the 2h.  Your choices in the 2h?  To kick or receive.  Or you could choose what goal to defend.  Those are your 2 choices.  By deferring in the 1h, one could pick what goal they wanted to defend in the 1h.  Thus making them kick both halves.

Right so if you tell the ref to give them the ball in the 2nd half you can again choose direction correct?

Team A wins toss.

Team A chooses:  Defer to the 2h.

Team B is now asked by ref if they want to kick or receive.  They choose receive.  

Team A is now asked what goal they want to defend.

Bam.  1h is taken care of.

Now to start the 2h, Team A (who originally deferred) is given first choice.

Team A chooses:  Receive 

Team B is now asked what goal they want to defend.

Bam.  Thats it and completely how it works.  

I have a headache, I'm abondoning this thread

I know I'm 100% correct

When he winner of the flip says defer, they want to kick

If the loser says they don't want the ball, the winning coin flip team receives both kickoffs

Why does the ref ask the loser if they want the ball? It's fucking retarded. It's a trick question

OUT

Why does the ref ask the loser if they want the ball? It's fucking retarded. It's a trick question.

Ive already explained that.  Because "defer" does not mean kick.  The team that lost the toss now has the option to kick or receive in the 1st half.  Because they were DEFERRED the option in the 1h.  So now they pick first in the first half.  The winning team gets first choice in the 2h because they DEFERRED to get 1st option in the 2h. 

Ive already explained that. Because "defer" does not mean kick. The team that lost the toss now has the option to kick or receive in the 1st half. Because they were DEFERRED the option in the 1h. So now they pick first in the first half. The winning team gets first choice in the 2h because they DEFERRED to get 1st option in the 2h.

Wrong

Defer does not mean, even though we won the fucking flip, let's give the other team the choice. Why would anyone let the loser decide? Defer means defer to receive ball in 2nd half and play defense in the first half.

So when the ref turns to the losing team and says do you want the ball, it's a trick question. If you say no, the other team receives both kick offs

When the winning coin flip team chooses to receive the ball, the idiot ref doesn't turn to the loser and says do you want the ball? They don't have a choice

I'm done with this. I know I'm right

That's exactly how Chaz's team fucked up and kicked both halves

The moron ref turned to the kid, and asked if he wanted the ball and he said no

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------