Trump threatened to send troops to Mexico

BarryRunSome

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What? I'm not complaining about education spending. I'm pointing out that we spend more on ILLEGAL immigration than we do on education. In what alternate universe does that make sense?

Most illegal immigration money is spent on the local level - not the federal level:

FAIR’s report says $113 billion represents the total cost at the federal, state and local levels for undocumented immigrants. The vast majority -- $84 billion -- is paid by state and local governments.

One thing we’ve been told over the years: FAIR’s conclusions stem from inexact estimates and assumptions.

In its estimated health care costs, we’ve found FAIR used a survey of hospitals that includes private hospitals, which are not funded by the state government.

Trump said, "Illegal immigration costs our country more than $113 billion a year."

Trump presented this figure as a hard fact to make his case, and not as the rough, high-end estimate that it is.

The figure matches a 2013 study by a group that wants to reduce immigration, FAIR.

It’s uncertain how much immigrants in the United States illegally cost taxpayers, but FAIR’s data is largely based on broad estimates and assumptions. Another report by a conservative think tank pegged the amount at about $85 billion a year. Reports by pro-immigration or neutral groups have come in significantly lower, and other reports have been inconclusive.

Estimating the costs of illegal immigration is extremely difficult and produces dramatically different figures, depending on the source. Yes, there are costs. But Trump is selecting the highest of all possible estimates from a range that varies widely.

We rate Trump’s statement Mostly False.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/sep/01/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-illegal-immigration-costs-113-bi/

Seems like that's a very exaggerated number. I'd give the entire politifact article a read. Pretty interesting.

Regardless I agree education should be a primary focus.

That said, it isn't going to be cheap to build a wall, employ more border control and immigration removal forces. I don't see how that saves money as I've seen nothing to prove that this will slow the rate at any level that would cancel out the added cost of building it and increasing forces to protect the border.

fire up the presses at the US mint!!

Lets hope they haven't run out of INK!

"People said I want to go and buy debt and default on debt, and I mean, these people are crazy. This is the United States government," Trump told CNN's Chris Cuomo on "New Day." "First of all, you never have to default because you print the money, I hate to tell you, OK?"

Fukkin genius this guy

:shake

California -500

Canada +425

Cali for the MAX please

This is silliness.

Using this logic you would be ok going to your lifetime best friends house armed with a weapon and take all his stuff, just because you can. Because your stuff isn't as good as his.

Greatest country on the planet is jealous of what Canada has? Say it ain't so.