Trump to Drudge: 'Phenomenal' Tax Cut Package Coming in 2-3 Weeks

sugardaddy

President Trump to his conservative critics: I read you loud and clear! 

After coming under criticism from many on the right — most prominently, the Drudge Report — for seeming to move popular campaign promises like repealing ObamaCare and reining in the tax code to the back burner, this morning Trump promised a “phenomenal” tax reform package will be presented in the next two to three weeks. 

Speaking to airline executives at the White House, Trump empathized with the burdensome regulatory climate the industry is operating under, and promised to begin making reforms.

"We want to help you realize these goals by rolling back burdensome regulations, and you people are regulated probably as much as almost anybody," Trump said. "We have a regulatory morass that's a disaster."

He also promised a round of tax cuts. 

"Lowering the overall tax burden on American business is big league, that’s coming along very well," Trump said. "We’re way ahead of schedule, I believe. And we’re going to be announcing something I would say over the next two or three weeks that will be phenomenal."

Trump also criticized government mandates hampering the airline industry. "Obsolete" equipment is being purchased for air traffic control that is making the overall industry more expensive, he said. 

Trump credited his own pilot with clueing him in on the difficult government-airline relationship. 

"My pilot, he is a smart guy, and he knows what’s going on, he said the government is using the wrong equipment and instituting a massive multi-billion dollar project using the wrong type of equipment," Trump said. "So let’s find out about that."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Those tax cuts should only apply to republicans, and I'm not kidding, no reason to give people a tax cut who dont want a tax cut. You'd have two tables, check box a - I'm a liberal and believe in sharing the wealth - pay higher tax. Check box b -  I'm a conservative and worked hard for my money - pay lower tax.

This way everyone would be happy except the few selfish people that want other people to pay their taxes, and we cant pander to them.

Those tax cuts should only apply to republicans, and I'm not kidding, no reason to give people a tax cut who dont want a tax cut. You'd have two tables, check box a - I'm a liberal and believe in sharing the wealth - pay higher tax. Check box b -  I'm a conservative and worked hard for my money - pay lower tax.

This way everyone would be happy except the few selfish people that want other people to pay their taxes, and we cant pander to them.

Don't worry 99% of them go to the rich, you won't get much.

Should also be true of welfare. If you come from a state that voted R, you don't get any. Would almost eliminate all welfare in the US.

Don't worry 99% of them go to the rich, you won't get much.

I'm glad you agree that people who dont pay taxes, dont deserve tax relief. For myself, I've got it all planned out, gonna retire in a year or so and then I'll pay almost nothing forever(roth untaxable, etc), I'll join the ranks of parasites of society.

Those are the richest states in the country and pay more taxes than they receive. They are supporting the R voters.

You were talking welfare and who gets it(zero connection to tax burden/where the govt money goes), besides the people who get welfare in red states are blacks in the big cities, even democrats dont give a shit about them.

You were talking welfare and who gets it(zero connection to tax burden/where the govt money goes), besides the people who get welfare in red states are blacks in the big cities, even democrats dont give a shit about them.

More white trash in the South getting welfare than blacks. However, you are on to something, if people got what they voted for, all of this country's problems would be solved.

More white trash in the South getting welfare than blacks. However, you are on to something, if people got what they voted for, all of this country's problems would be solved.

Dont try to lie with statistics,l the % of blacks on welfare is 4 or 5 times what it is among whites. By the way those southern whites on welfare are still going to vote republican(the dems lost them long ago), I wonder why?

You aren't supposed to ask things like that. we spent 19 trillion we dont have, we can pretend awhile longer, right?

Unfortunately no. You're gonna have to float these for a good 5 years before any good supply sided economic plan broadens the tax base and Trump is too stuck on protectionism policy to realize a supply sided plan. Where does the money for infrastructure to get the brick and mortar moving?

What's gonna happen is, that in absence of a static broad based economic plan, corporations are gonna pocket the money as profit or write downs negatively affecting GDP.

This Trump guy has a decent idea here but he's too fukked up to see it through. He's gotta stop this protectionism bullshit and get some real hardhat guys around him. Guys that built factories, not media trolls and bankers.

Those are the richest states in the country and pay more taxes than they receive. They are supporting the R voters.

I mean... Illinois is probably the most fiscally irresponsible state in the nation; actually, not probably... they are undoubtedly. First state ever I believe to run a year without passing a budget. A complete disaster. Chicago used to work much more efficiently than the rest of the state, but the taxes have gotten out of control and the city spends their money poorly as well. Bring back Mayor Daley!

Do you ever spew anything that is true?

The south should be turned into a parking lot for all us tax paying northerners. 

Funny how much of the country is paid for by those "liberal" Californians and big city livers (suburbanites) but you don't think there votes should even count.

I mean... Illinois is probably the most fiscally irresponsible state in the nation; actually, not probably... they are undoubtedly. First state ever I believe to run a year without passing a budget. A complete disaster. Chicago used to work much more efficiently than the rest of the state, but the taxes have gotten out of control and the city spends their money poorly as well. Bring back Mayor Daley!

They even sell lottery tickets, and then dont pay the winners, can you imagine something that fucked up?