A day in the life of TGF posters

Guest boatboatboat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pocketrockets

If it fucks , flys, or floats , rent it. As stated numerous times throughout forumville.

This. Maintanance of planes,boats and bitches. No bueno.

That said. I miss fishing. My favorite thing when young was fishing with my grandpa and my dad.

Have not fished in 10 years.

Guest boatboatboat

no neither

hard hard woker

her and her husband had a very small farm about 120 acres.

they weren't able to buy that until they were in their 60's

prior to that they were share croppers who did the work on a farm in exchange for a home to live in.

they both had "in town jobs" as well.

He stopped working in the factory when he was about 65, she worked until 74 in town.

Daughter every few days will text Wife and I an old pic she has taken on her phone.

This is great grandma mary. She passed away couple years ago at age 99 she was about 92 or so when this as taken.

She loved to fish, and this made not only her day but ours as well.

within an hour of catching that it was on the table being eaten.

http://images.memes.com/meme/1636409

Striper!

How much that haul cost out in Hicksville??

That would cost me easily a 2-3 dimes here.

my parents love fireworks. my mom especially. since i was a kid, we have been going to michigan - stopping at multiple warehouses in indiana - and dropping thousands on fireworks. now, my parents are retired off a golf course in a private community. there are about 10 houses on the block + a B&B/golf inn. Every year now, my parents throw a show for the community. The maintenance crew sets up all the fireworks on the golf course, and the owner plays music along to the fireworks; for a couple years his wife sang as well (she was some country artist). regardless, there are usually a couple hundred people there now, and the show lasts about 20 minutes. At this point, the whole family contributes to the bundle with my parents still investing the most. I sometimes wonder how two people could like fireworks so much that they put on a show that lasts that long and that (from our point of view real close to the show) matches a town or city display. Usually all my college buddies and my sisters friends and my entire family visit and stay at the house; it's one of two times a year everyone gets together. We've been doing it for 25 years now and it never gets old. Let me see if I can find some pictures; my parents usually fill the garage with the fireworks, and they are hauled down by the mainetence crew. The next day, even after cleanup, the 1st hole has pieces scattered everywhere, but it's well worth it. It usually doesn't get dark there until about 11pm either. This year was my GF's first year there, and she was quite amazed at the commitment. My mom's love of fireworks is very bizarre. 

my parents love fireworks. my mom especially. since i was a kid, we have been going to michigan - stopping at multiple warehouses in indiana - and dropping thousands on fireworks. now, my parents are retired off a golf course in a private community. there are about 10 houses on the block + a B&B/golf inn. Every year now, my parents throw a show for the community. The maintenance crew sets up all the fireworks on the golf course, and the owner plays music along to the fireworks; for a couple years his wife sang as well (she was some country artist). regardless, there are usually a couple hundred people there now, and the show lasts about 20 minutes. At this point, the whole family contributes to the bundle with my parents still investing the most. I sometimes wonder how two people could like fireworks so much that they put on a show that lasts that long and that (from our point of view real close to the show) matches a town or city display. Usually all my college buddies and my sisters friends and my entire family visit and stay at the house; it's one of two times a year everyone gets together. We've been doing it for 25 years now and it never gets old. Let me see if I can find some pictures; my parents usually fill the garage with the fireworks, and they are hauled down by the mainetence crew. The next day, even after cleanup, the 1st hole has pieces scattered everywhere, but it's well worth it. It usually doesn't get dark there until about 11pm either. This year was my GF's first year there, and she was quite amazed at the commitment. My mom's love of fireworks is very bizarre.

Hahaha. That's awesome though!!

Would love to see that. I enjoy fireworks as well. Usually go to a local Lagoon and sneak through a fence to see them up close. Been doing it for probably 30 years and it never gets old.

Use to buy tons of ones that are illegal here and shoot them off but it's they police that shit here too much now and it's not worth risking the $1k fine.

Holy shit those are some serious fireworks, from mama timely there !

stupid stories but one of our first few years doing it I was 8 or 9. my grandpa got the idea that instead of carrying all the garbage off the beach (we did it on a beach in White Hall Michigan then) we should throw the empties into the fire. being drunk and ignorant adults at the time, it didn't cross their mind that some of the fireworks might not have gone off and there could still be some left. with about 8 of us still sitting by the fire some duds began to fire off in all directions at us. we were running and ducking so quick off the beach. funny as hell looking back because no one got hurt, but some dumb shit.

at this point, i think my mom has notes on every single firework you can buy at Sheltons and Crazy Kaplans in northwest Indiana. She has the order they should all be lit and what goes best with what. it all started as buying a few fireworks for the beach when i was about 5 years old. good tradition.

stupid stories but one of our first few years doing it I was 8 or 9. my grandpa got the idea that instead of carrying all the garbage off the beach (we did it on a beach in White Hall Michigan then) we should throw the empties into the fire. being drunk and ignorant adults at the time, it didn't cross their mind that some of the fireworks might not have gone off and there could still be some left. with about 8 of us still sitting by the fire some duds began to fire off in all directions at us. we were running and ducking so quick off the beach. funny as hell looking back because no one got hurt, but some dumb shit.

at this point, i think my mom has notes on every single firework you can buy at Sheltons and Crazy Kaplans in northwest Indiana. She has the order they should all be lit and what goes best with what. it all started as buying a few fireworks for the beach when i was about 5 years old. good tradition.

I am guessing she likes bonfires as well?

• 2 weeks later...

This little grey feral cat allows plommer to get close to him because plom is the man with the free food.

So my orange cat is a picky eater, he rarely eats canned food - he prefers dry food so instead of wasting his food whatever he didn't eat i would leave outside for the feral cats, they lick the bowl clean everytime.

Then I noticed little grey guy hanging around. So I tried feeding him. He was apprehensive at first but as the weeks went by he would show up on my doorstep every night between 7-8pm.

Now I look forward to seeing him every night. Costs me $18 a month in food to keep him fed.

https://youtu.be/fmy2OrrvMfE