Hoops

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy does it to my threads. Fuck him. Guy wouldn't last two seconds in my world. Would pop him with an apostrophe... he'd quickly hit the pavement.

You think so pal?

:laugh

What's your world consist of besides sniffing dirty panties, losing bets, paying for sex and delivering burritos for a living pal? :laugh

Kingers world :laugh

I had a long response with a preposition joke even, but I am going to let this die. I will just say to your point 6, that you must have missed my post 27 (not literally I see you responded) where it is clear I am just trying to figure out what is correct. And ftr, both being acceptable does not mean both are correct.

KInger probably one of those assholes that wants to ditch the Oxford comma also.

I had a long response with a preposition joke even, but I am going to let this die. I will just say to your point 6, that you must have missed my post 27 (not literally I see you responded) where it is clear I am just trying to figure out what is correct. And ftr, both being acceptable does not mean both are correct.

KInger probably one of those assholes that wants to ditch the Oxford comma also.

You must've missed point 7.

Actually Yanks's is correct I think...but it's not Yanks'

"The general rule is that the possessive of a singular noun is formed by adding an apostrophe and s, whether the singular noun ends in s or not."

So Yanks's should be correct. Funny thing I can never remember the rule on possessives ending in s, so I initially also typed yanks' and that didn't look right so decided to just delete his name altogether from my post.

Sorry- I was too busy reading your posts where you're telling me Yanks'  is wrong, and Yanks's is right.  It didn't look like you were figuring anything out-- simply pointing out that you thought I was wrong-- which made you wrong.  Later on, after you did research (while I drank my Vietnamese coffee)... that's when you figured out that indeed I wasn't incorrect.  Your original correction (Yank's) was wrong, and your next correction (Yanks's) was debatable.  All of it could've been avoided by accepting that Yanks'  is perfectly acceptable and, in fact, preferred by professionals.

You must've missed point 7.

No, I didn't., the time frame is incorrect... I considered that on two occasions.... seems like you are taking this as some personal attack so we should just agree to disagree.

Probably no more undie plays for IAG :(