House healthcare vote today.

IAG

There is no such thing as an overgenerous high deductible plan. In all of these plans, you have a network or doctors. If you have one doctor out of your network involved in anything, you are F'ed.

But there are low deductible plans on ACA. At least here. and yes out of network is always higher but not seeing relevance.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they have to offer a universal plan and that plan is going to be the same across all states. They are going to need to have a plan for a certain state and then will have to offer that plan to multiple states. There will be no reason for them to do any "interstate" plans.

So just as with Delaware and credit card, all the insurance companies will use one of the Southern states as their model plan and that will be offered to all states. 

The reality is they are just going to keep offering plans on a state by state basis just as they do now. Interstates plans can't work.

I see no proof that they can't work interstate.  Competition brings prices down.  Monopolies and oligarchies do not.

What makes a plan in Mississippi different than a plan in Alabama?

Why can a car insurance company provide insurance interstate but a health insurer cannot?

Yes. You are not much of a Republican. Haven't you ever heard of the free market?

free markets are great, but a great many drugs are made by only 1 or 2 or 3 co's, there is no free market. One easy solution would be to allow imported drugs(which are identical at a tenth the price).

But there are low deductible plans on ACA. At least here. and yes out of network is always higher but not seeing relevance.

They a cost ton of money. You either get a high deductible that is "affordable." About $250 per month for a person making 25,000. Or you can get a low deductible plan for $500 per month for a person making $25,000.

They a cost ton of money. You either get a high deductible that is "affordable." About $250 per month for a person making 25,000. Or you can get a low deductible plan for $500 per month for a person making $25,000.

What do you consider a high deductible?

What do you consider a high deductible?

I don't define high deductible. The govt does. I believe it is $2,500 minimum. But the Bronze affordable plans are $5,000. Before ObamaCare, I bought a $5,000 plan. Those plans are now $6,000. And when Trump does his work, I will probably have to go up to $10,000 which are not now allowed.

The problem with high deductible plans is they are portfolio protection for the wealthy. If you have no assets to protect, there is no reason to buy one.

I don't define high deductible. The govt does. I believe it is $2,500 minimum. But the Bronze affordable plans are $5,000. Before ObamaCare, I bought a $5,000 plan. Those plans are now $6,000. And when Trump does his work, I will probably have to go up to $10,000 which are not now allowed.

The problem with high deductible plans is they are portfolio protection for the wealthy. If you have no assets to protect, there is no reason to buy one.

So I guess you shouldn't have variable deductibles on auto or home ins either, huh? Force people to do what you want?

So I guess you shouldn't have variable deductibles on auto or home ins either, huh? Force people to do what you want?

I don't believe in forcing anything on anybody although you are forced to buy car insurance which you probably don't have much of a problem with. I would put people on Medicare or at least offer it as an option for a certain amount per month.

The problem with that comparison is a house only costs $100,000. A car $25,000-$40,000. But medical care runs in the millions.

I don't really care how they do something. I just look at how it is going to work. I don't see anything that can work for the US outside of either forcing people to buy highly subsidized insurance if you want to direct govt money to insurance companies or giving people a govt plan which is what is eventually going to happen because most Rs like yourself are actually in favor of it when it comes right down to it.

I don't believe in forcing anything on anybody although you are forced to buy car insurance which you probably don't have much of a problem with. I would put people on Medicare or at least offer it as an option for a certain amount per month.

The problem with that comparison is a house only costs $100,000. A car $25,000-$40,000. But medical care runs in the millions.

I don't really care how they do something. I just look at how it is going to work. I don't see anything that can work for the US outside of either forcing people to buy highly subsidized insurance if you want to direct govt money to insurance companies or giving people a govt plan which is what is eventually going to happen because most Rs like yourself are actually in favor of it when it comes right down to it.

everyone has the option to not buy car insurance