Trump withdraws Climate Agreement that Rest of World Agrees with

Timely Hitting

America the new anti-science country; make America dumb again! 

What a joy. Doesn't get much more ignorant and idiotic than this; oh and it's going to kill job growth in this country. Yippee! Trump cares about his son seeing a mean photo but not the health of the planet for his son and future generations. Ouch.

We'll see if Elon Musk and the rest of the tech world really does abandon him like they promised now.

Also, great news for China who can now further that move into becoming the leading nation to the rest of the world. Trump is China's best friend.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coal workers would disagree with that

So what? Coal is the power of the past; renewables are the future, and it's where we should be focused. Coal is dirty, dangerous and costs more to produce than renewable energy sources. 

As I have compared before; tractors put a lot of farm hands out of business. Should we have rejected the invention of the tractor because it put people out of work despite being more efficient and better in the long run? Of course not. Times change, and industries come and go. The way you fail as a country is by moving backwards and hanging onto the past and refusing to embrace the future.

This is terrible for long term job growth in this country and the advancements of renewable energy. 

This had nothing to do with the coal minors either; this was solely due to many on the rights refusal to accept global warming as a real thing which is just flat out embarrassing. 

Guest boatboatboat

He called the Paris Agreement a “massive redistribution” of the United States’ wealth to other countries. He said he is resulting in fewer jobs, lower wages, shuttered factors and diminished economic production.

“As of today, the United States will cease all implementation of the non-binding Paris accord and the draconian financial and economic burdens the agreement imposes on our country,” Trump said.

While introducing Trump, Vice President Mike Pence credited the president with putting American jobs first and returning attention to the forgotten men and women of the country.

“Thanks to President Donald Trump, America is back,” he said.

The USA may well re-enter the pact but under new terms that don't put us at a Global disadvantage. EYE support that 100%

He called the Paris Agreement a “massive redistribution” of the United States’ wealth to other countries. He said he is resulting in fewer jobs, lower wages, shuttered factors and diminished economic production.

“As of today, the United States will cease all implementation of the non-binding Paris accord and the draconian financial and economic burdens the agreement imposes on our country,” Trump said.

While introducing Trump, Vice President Mike Pence credited the president with putting American jobs first and returning attention to the forgotten men and women of the country.

“Thanks to President Donald Trump, America is back,” he said.

The USA may well re-enter the pact but under new terms that don't put us at a Global disadvantage. EYE support that 100%

We're not at a global disadvantage. We were on our way to leading the pack in renewable's; this just set us back a decade. Sorry if you think companies should be allowed to pollute our air and waterways.

Trump is on record multiple times as being a non-believer in regards to global warming. If you think he withdrew for any other reason, you're simply being naive. He's an anti-science dope, as are many that support him on this. Period.

Guest boatboatboat

We're not at a global disadvantage. We were on our way to leading the pack in renewable's; this just set us back a decade. Sorry if you think companies should be allowed to pollute our air and waterways.

Trump is on record multiple times as being a non-believer in regards to global warming. If you think he withdrew for any other reason, you're simply being naive. He's an anti-science dope, as are many that support him on this. Period.

some would say other wise

Christopher Horner, an attorney and senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, is a fan of the move, arguing the agreement is more about wealth redistribution than climate change.

He said that the UN's chief climate economist, Ottmar Edenhofer, acknowledged as much, admitting that they de facto redistribute the world's wealth through climate policy.

Horner added that the EU's climate minister, Margot Wallstrom, said it's about leveling the playing field.

"It's not about the climate," Horner said. "Wealthier is healthier, wealthier is cleaner, wealthier is more resilient. The U.S. is going to continue showing leadership. And this is an excellent step along that path."

some would say other wise

Christopher Horner, an attorney and senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, is a fan of the move, arguing the agreement is more about wealth redistribution than climate change.

He said that the UN's chief climate economist, Ottmar Edenhofer, acknowledged as much, admitting that they de facto redistribute the world's wealth through climate policy.

Horner added that the EU's climate minister, Margot Wallstrom, said it's about leveling the playing field.

"It's not about the climate," Horner said. "Wealthier is healthier, wealthier is cleaner, wealthier is more resilient. The U.S. is going to continue showing leadership. And this is an excellent step along that path."

Cool, I can post articles stating that climate change isn't real, or that bigfoot exists. Congratulations; I'll even find one with "an expert" involved.

This deal was a step in the right direction; nearly every other country in the world was on board. You think it's sharp to bail and listen to Trump (who is an anti-global warming truther) on this one? Good luck with that.

Guest boatboatboat

Cool, I can post articles stating that climate change isn't real, or that bigfoot exists. Congratulations; I'll even find one with "an expert" involved

it isn't about climate change

if you care to invest 2 min so you know what you are discussing, here is some info

I assume you wont

===================

It is not very brave these days to stand up and denounce President Trump. Hollywood and the media will turn you into a hero. But it is a brave thing to stand up to the zeitgeist and culture of fear and bullying the left and media have instilled on the issue of climate change. But President Trump is doing just that. He is defying the left, the media, his children, and many world leaders.

In short, he is leading. President Trump is withdrawing the United States from the Paris Climate Accord.

It is the right decision for a number of reasons.

First, the Paris Accord is being treated by many as a treaty with treaty obligations, but President Obama never submitted it to Congress for passage.

Second, though President Trump could have left it in place and done nothing, his successor could have easily revived it if left in place.

Third, the structure and implementation of the Paris Accord set a terrible precedent. President Obama worked for what amounts to a global agreement with voluntary measures, but those measures would impact the American economy. But, despite that impact, President Obama did not present the Paris Accord to Congress for ratification or debate.

I do believe the climate is changing. I do believe humans play some role in it. But I also think the certainty with which much of the left clings regarding climate change is more by faith than fact. For years the left has preached climate doom and gloom and they have never been right. They have warned of global cooling and now of global warming.

Their only solution in all cases is a command and control economy. Many of them have started profiting from the scare tactics of climate change and others have financial investments that would profit from carbon trading and other schemes. They drive around in SUV’s and fly private planes while telling the rest of us to cut back. For a group of people convinced we’re all going to die, they sure don’t act like they really believe it.

I simply do not think climate change is an issue worth caring much about and trust that humanity will find ways to adapt to a climate that would change whether or not we were on the planet.

But fundamentally, regardless of my views, I think any President of any party trying to bind this nation to a global agreement that will deeply affect our economy must do so only with the consent of the Senate through its constitutional obligation to approve treaties.

it isn't about climate change

if you care to invest 2 min so you know what you are discussing, here is some info

I assume you wont

===================

It is not very brave these days to stand up and denounce President Trump. Hollywood and the media will turn you into a hero. But it is a brave thing to stand up to the zeitgeist and culture of fear and bullying the left and media have instilled on the issue of climate change. But President Trump is doing just that. He is defying the left, the media, his children, and many world leaders.

In short, he is leading. President Trump is withdrawing the United States from the Paris Climate Accord.

It is the right decision for a number of reasons.

First, the Paris Accord is being treated by many as a treaty with treaty obligations, but President Obama never submitted it to Congress for passage.

Second, though President Trump could have left it in place and done nothing, his successor could have easily revived it if left in place.

Third, the structure and implementation of the Paris Accord set a terrible precedent. President Obama worked for what amounts to a global agreement with voluntary measures, but those measures would impact the American economy. But, despite that impact, President Obama did not present the Paris Accord to Congress for ratification or debate.

I do believe the climate is changing. I do believe humans play some role in it. But I also think the certainty with which much of the left clings regarding climate change is more by faith than fact. For years the left has preached climate doom and gloom and they have never been right. They have warned of global cooling and now of global warming.

Their only solution in all cases is a command and control economy. Many of them have started profiting from the scare tactics of climate change and others have financial investments that would profit from carbon trading and other schemes. They drive around in SUV’s and fly private planes while telling the rest of us to cut back. For a group of people convinced we’re all going to die, they sure don’t act like they really believe it.

I simply do not think climate change is an issue worth caring much about and trust that humanity will find ways to adapt to a climate that would change whether or not we were on the planet.

But fundamentally, regardless of my views, I think any President of any party trying to bind this nation to a global agreement that will deeply affect our economy must do so only with the consent of the Senate through its constitutional obligation to approve treaties.

I have read more on this topic than you. That much I am certain of. I have read the rebuttal opinions on Forbes and even that nonsensical Fox News piece you just quoted. I also read the idiotic Op Ed posted last night.

Guest boatboatboat

Trump could give a rats ass about global warming, which may or may not be a good or bad thing.

He pulled out because he feels we got shafted from a $ perspective in this pact.

We with drew, I suspect we reenter at a latter date under better $Term$

"I do believe the climate is changing. I do believe humans play some role in it. But I also think the certainty with which much of the left clings regarding climate change is more by faith than fact. For years the left has preached climate doom and gloom and they have never been right. They have warned of global cooling and now of global warming."

Here are facts for you boat. The oceanic temperatures have changed much greater than we originally thought; the PH balance in the ocean has changed much more than we thought leading to a mass dying off of oceanic eco-systems. Water on this planet holds more heat than land; hence why the water temperatures are the first warning of the Global Warming epidemic; also, the oceanic eco-system is very very sensitive to PH and temperature change; a mass extinction in the oceans would cause a much greater effect than any on land. The majority of food consumed on this planet comes from the ocean. Also, for years? The effects of global warming take centuries to fully come into effect; these are changes for future generations, not today or tomorrow.

Let's also add that I agree it may even be too late to turn back the clock and change this effects, but it certainly doesn't mean we shouldn't try. You care about the economy or the planet? The economic fear mongering on the right, in regards to global warming and climate regulations is just laughable. Just because it costs more to be cleaner, does not mean we shouldn't be cleaner. The future is in clean renewable energy sources; it's also in limiting carbon emissions. However you want to tie this all together is fine, but Trump is a truther and for you to think that he has the best interest of the planet at mind here is sheer ignorance. If you want to rebut my points with facts and not some economic jumble you go right ahead. No more posts from me on this topic; I've debated it enough.

The process will take until at least 2020 to exit; we are not reentering under Trumps term. Every year we continue our saturation of carbon into the ozone, the more and more the heat gets absorbed by the oceans changing the PH levels. 

Also "which may or may not be a good or bad thing?" No, it's definitely bad. 99% of scientists aren't lying to receive grant money pal.

One more tidbit:

Seven is neutral. Over the past 300 million years, ocean pH has been slightly basic, averaging about 8.2. Today, it is around 8.1, a drop of 0.1 pH units, representing a 25-percent increase in acidity over the past two centuries.

The slightest change to the oceans PH level is devastating; see the dying off of the coral reefs across the globe. This is devastating and has taken place in a very very short period of time. Kolzig was right, it's the end of times!

America the new anti-science country; make America dumb again! 

What a joy. Doesn't get much more ignorant and idiotic than this; oh and it's going to kill job growth in this country. Yippee! Trump cares about his son seeing a mean photo but not the health of the planet for his son and future generations. Ouch.

We'll see if Elon Musk and the rest of the tech world really does abandon him like they promised now.

Also, great news for China who can now further that move into becoming the leading nation to the rest of the world. Trump is China's best friend.

Trump is a POS and a NAIVE IMBECILE.

Just like his supporters.

BOL...:cigar

Guest boatboatboat

When the Scioto and Ohio Rivers die, will that bother you?

very much so

I think we need to ween away from fossil based fuels sooner rather than latter.

But again, withdrawing has little to do with climate change and everything to do with the redistribution of global wealth

We signed a bad deal..................... We have now withdrawn