Crypto mining chat with spankie and plommer

plommer

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spankie:

Tell me about the mini GTX 1060's.

How much are they earning in dollars per day, approximately?

No clue, depends what coin you're mining and how many you have. 

They do like 22MH/s or so 

Will have 4 tomorrow to mess with.  

Will be around 490MH/s total tomorrow. 

Guest pocketrockets

Spankie:

Tell me about the mini GTX 1060's.

How much are they earning in dollars per day, approximately?

hey man was meaning to ask before I got banned friday... are fees fair to trade BTC for other coins at poloniex?

can you do that at kraken as well?

im staying away from coinbase

Guest pocketrockets

You can trade at Kraken with regular fees. I don't use  Poloniex so I don't know about them.

awesome, Kraken upgraded my account and verified tier 3 today

Guest pocketrockets

Where do they store the password, keystore file, etc.?

you  can recover your wallet it via email or write down the 12 word password phisycally

i fucked with it for a while and didnt find more features than that

Ethereum Hashrate Drop for Radeon RX400/RX500 GPUs is Incoming

Do you remember how last year AMD Radeon R9 280X GPUs started dropping in terms of mining hashrate for Ethereum due to the growing DAG file size? Well, it seems that we are in for the same thing happening with the Radeon RX400/RX500 series of GPUs with 4/8GB VRAM in the next couple of months. We are currently at DAG epoch #129, but in the next 30-35 or so DAG epochs we are going to be seeing gradual drop in hashrate resulting in up to about 30% decrease from the current hashrate on the Radeon RX400/RX500 series of GPUs. It seems that other more powerful GPUs such as R9 290(x)/390(x) as well as Nvidia Pascal GPUs with more video memory (6GB/8GB+) will not be affected or the drop in performance will be much smaller to a level considered pretty much insignificant compared to what will happen with AMD’s Polaris GPUs.

You can easily check what will happen with your existing GPU mining hardware and if it will be affected in terms of performance and how much by adding the option -benchmark 130 to the Claymore ETH miner. Change the number 130 (the next Ethereum DAG epoch) to the DAG epoch you want to test with such as 140, 150, 160 and see how your hashrate will change or if it will change. The Ethash DAG changes every 30000 blocks which is roughly every 4-5 days and with Ethereum this is called a DAG epoch, so every few days we move to the next DAG epoch. As DAG epochs move further on they also grow in size and put more stress to the video cards that are being used for mining and as a result there is also some performance drop observed over time. The more powerful the GPUs is and the more video memory it has, the more likely it is to be able to handle better long term mining Ethereum.

Exactly.  I think 1070's are the way to go.

I ordered 6 1060 6GB last night to test as well but they have a slightly higher cost per MH/s than the 1070's and the 1070's have a longer life in terms of usability.

Exactly.  I think 1070's are the way to go.

I ordered 6 1060 6GB last night to test as well but they have a slightly higher cost per MH/s than the 1070's and the 1070's have a longer life in terms of usability.

What you should be looking at is efficiency at the wall in terms of MH/s per watt.   Not cost per MH/s. 

The 1070's run 125 watts at the wall and produce 31MH/s = 4.03 watts per MH/s 

The 1060's run 70 watts at the wall and produce 24MH/s = 2.93 watts per MH/s 

What you should be looking at is efficiency at the wall in terms of MH/s per watt.   Not cost per MH/s. 

The 1070's run 125 watts at the wall and produce 31MH/s = 4.03 watts per MH/s 

The 1060's run 70 watts at the wall and produce 24MH/s = 2.93 watts per MH/s 

I don't think I'm running anywhere near 125 watts.

I'll find out tonight though.