$10.5M for Omar Khadr

plommer

The Canadian government is going to apologize and give millions to a former Guantanamo Bay prisoner who pleaded guilty to killing a U.S. soldier in Afghanistan when he was 15, with Canada's Supreme Court later ruling that officials had interrogated him under "oppressive circumstances."

An official familiar with the deal said Tuesday that Omar Khadr will receive $10.5 million.

The Canadian-born Khadr was 15 when he was captured by U.S. troops following a firefight at a suspected al-Qaida compound in Afghanistan that resulted in the death of an American special forces medic, U.S. Army Sgt. First Class Christopher Speer. Khadr, who was suspected of throwing the grenade that killed Speer, was taken to Guantanamo and ultimately charged with war crimes by a military commission.

cpt118400177_p3212824_p3233047.jpg

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/200958/10-5M-for-Omar-Khadr

You're living month to month on disability while your Government just made you pay to give a terrorist more money than 9o% of Canadians will ever see in their lives

Nice

Whats your point?

I would still live month to month whether they give him millions or not.

The kid spent a decade in Guantanamo. I figure he earned every cent.

You guys should be ashamed for capturing and torturing a 15 yr old kid.

Whats your point?

So you are disability for being retarded?

Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato

Whats your point?

Earned? WTF do you mean?

Earned? WTF do you mean?

He was a child soldier, did not sign up to fight, was forced to. He may have killed a US serviceman, may have, nothing could be proven. If he did kill it was in self defence.

So the USA locked him up as a 15 yr old in Guantanamo and tortured him. He plead guilty under duress. Now the Canadian government is making things right with him because they left him out to dry in Cuba.

Canada treats 15 yr olds as children, not adults so under Canadian law he was illegally sentenced as an adult and held in an adult prison.

Khadr is Canadian, so he gets to enjoy the benefits of being one as is his RIGHT under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms . One of the benefits of being Canadian is receiving fair treatment under the law, ie if under 18 being sentenced as a youth offender. He did not receive fair treatment. 

So he was in the terrorist army and because he was 15 when he committed his act he is given 10 million. Pretty weird reasoning

Pretty weird analysis.

But I understand that its easier and preferable to make an incorrect assumption and be outraged rather than know the facts and come to a more logical conclusion.

Pretty weird analysis.

But I understand that its easier and preferable to make an incorrect assumption and be outraged rather than know the facts and come to a more logical conclusion.

Was more of a question that on my phone didn't get the question mark. Not outraged as weird is typically not a word I use when outraged. So assuming you know the facts what actually happened? How did he end up in afghanastan?

Was more of a question that on my phone didn't get the question mark. Not outraged as weird is typically not a word I use when outraged. So assuming you know the facts what actually happened? How did he end up in afghanastan?

That 10.5 mill will be used to kill again. Once a killer always a killer.

His father took him to Afghanistan as a child, to fight. His father was responsible, not Omar.

Thankfully the old man was killed while in the Middle East.

Omar did not sign up for anything, then once captured was tortured and confessed to something he may not have done. Lots of American soldiers were sickened by what they saw. I mean they didn't agree with torturing a 15 yr old but they were quickly silenced.

The story here is about how Canada treats its citizens, especially on Canadian soil. Khadr is at home now and enjoying the benefits of living in a country with an excellent human rights record and a country that believes in and practices the rule of law.

He was compensated for being treated unfairly by a foreign government while his government did nothing to assist him.

I wish him the best. I'm sure he will live well with the lottery payout under his belt.  As long as he never tries to enter the land of the free he'll be fine.

That 10.5 mill will be used to kill again. Once a killer always a killer.

The evidence wasn't strong enough to prove he killed anyone. Only after being tortured did he confess.

I'm pretty sure he just wants to get on with his life, he's still only in his 20's. He's engaged now.

He'll likely live out his days in the safety and comfort of Canada.

The evidence wasn't strong enough to prove he killed anyone. Only after being tortured did he confess.

I'm pretty sure he just wants to get on with his life, he's still only in his 20's. He's engaged now.

He'll likely live out his days in the safety and comfort of Canada.

And you are OK with him roaring around free???

And you are OK with him roaming around free???

Absolutely, why wouldn't I be?

He's a 26 year old that got fucked over by the US gov't thanks to his father. After spending a decade in Guantanamo I'm pretty sure the last thing he wants to do is get into any more trouble.

He'll probably buy a house and have a few kids with his wife and try and live a normal life. The Canadian way.

Plommer your conservative party is livid of it. He is killed two Americansby the way. Children young as 10 are indoctrinated and trained to kill. They should a video of 4 10 year olds beheading Syrian Christians.

Who gives a fuck what the Conservative party, the party of inbred mongrels with exaggerated egos in this country, thinks. 

Us troops were in Afghanistan then in violation of international law. They attack a building with a 15 year old child in it. For the sake of what I'm going to say, assume he throws a grenade at criminals attacking him and the people around him. Yes, I am sorry for the medic who lost his life in this, but wake the fuck up, you Yankee dregs of humanity. You don't rule the world. Come to other people's countries, think you're the law, you're the boss, and those people will kill you. Surely you know that by now. Killing you isn't a crime in the circumstances this kid was in. It wouldn't have been a crime for adult members of Al-Queda either. The American myth ends at US borders. It doesn't run across other borders or with other people in the world. You're in another country in violation of international law, waging agressive war, no matter the uniform, no matter the flag, no matter the great national anthem, you're a fucking murdering criminal group and the people there have every right to kill you. You got a problem with that, point your finger at little George Bush. 

Invade Ireland and the Irish will kill you. Invade Canada and the Canadians will kill you. If some rogue nation invades America and begins killing its people, your people, including your kids, are perfectly justified in killing them. I'm sure thousands of Irish people and Canadian people would come there and help you defend yourselves. If Kadhr had been killed, how many of you semi literate cocksuckers would be howling for criminal trials for the American "hero" who killed him? You pathetic ponces, you know fuck all about how the world works and you sit on this and other forums and think there aren't people like me who know exactly what worthless pieces of shit you are.

Yeah, 10 million seems a bit high. We're really paying for wrongs Americans did to him.

Who gives a fuck what the Conservative party, the party of inbred mongrels with exaggerated egos in this country, thinks. 

Us troops were in Afghanistan then in violation of international law. They attack a building with a 15 year old child in it. For the sake of what I'm going to say, assume he throws a grenade at criminals attacking him and the people around him. Yes, I am sorry for the medic who lost his life in this, but wake the fuck up, you Yankee dregs of humanity. You don't rule the world. Come to other people's countries, think you're the law, you're the boss, and those people will kill you. Surely you know that by now. Killing you isn't a crime in the circumstances this kid was in. It wouldn't have been a crime for adult members of Al-Queda either. The American myth ends at US borders. It doesn't run across other borders or with other people in the world. You're in another country in violation of international law, waging agressive war, no matter the uniform, no matter the flag, no matter the great national anthem, you're a fucking murdering criminal group and the people there have every right to kill you. You got a problem with that, point your finger at little George Bush. 

Invade Ireland and the Irish will kill you. Invade Canada and the Canadians will kill you. If some rogue nation invades America and begins killing its people, your people, including your kids, are perfectly justified in killing them. I'm sure thousands of Irish people and Canadian people would come there and help you defend yourselves. If Kadhr had been killed, how many of you semi literate cocksuckers would be howling for criminal trials for the American "hero" who killed him? You pathetic ponces, you know fuck all about how the world works and you sit on this and other forums and think there aren't people like me who know exactly what worthless pieces of shit you are.

Yeah, 10 million seems a bit high. We're really paying for wrongs Americans did to him.

Just do us a favor and stay out of our country.

Got it son?

Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato