First Album You Bought: Or You Young Fucks, CD's...

BGS 9.5

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not using any help with this guess now on the year and I'll check google in a minute when done.

The first one ever was my grandmother bought me the cassette from the Styx with mr roboto on it for like 6.99ish, at Kmart in 81 or 82. First thought is 82.

My sister had a tape recorder, that was broken, but I didn't tell my grandmother it was broken.

I opened up the tape, which was housed in a large sheet of plastic.,you old people should remember how casettes were sold.

Anyway, once my mom found out she made me give the tape back and had it returned.

Good question as to why I wanted the tape without a functioning tape player in the house.

I think my first 45 was Pop Muzic by M factor...either that or ELO Telephone Line. Prior to that I listen to a lot of my older brothers Beatle's records.

Don't remember the first one I ever bought myself per se, but I remember some of those k-tel albums....specifically Music Machine

I Just Want To Be Your Everything Andy Gibb

Keep It Comin’ Love KC & the Sunshine Band

Don't Give Up On Us David Soul

Do You Wanna Make Love Peter McCann

Hot Line Sylvers

Got To Give It Up Marvin Gaye

You Don’t Have To Be A Star Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.

Play That Funky Music Wild Cherry

Gonna Fly Now Bill Conti

Dancing Queen ABBA

Beth Kiss 7

Blinded By The Light Manfred Mann's Earth Band

Car Wash Rose Royce

Lucille Kenny Rogers

Purple Rain was also an early one, though my mom took it away after she saw some Tipper Gore type program on Phil Donahue.

I remember GoGo's Beauty and the Beat and B52's Wild Planet were played to death.

Was either Pyromania (Def Leppard), Cargo (Men at Work) or Quiet Riot. Those were first three but don't remember which was first.

All those are 1983 albums i know because that was the year i got my first ever albums which were Def Leppard Pyromania and AC/DC Back In Black which would've been out a couple years along with Journey and Styx.

I think my first 45 was Pop Muzic by M factor...either that or ELO Telephone Line. Prior to that I listen to a lot of my older brothers Beatle's records.

Don't remember the first one I ever bought myself per se, but I remember some of those k-tel albums....specifically Music Machine

I Just Want To Be Your Everything Andy Gibb

Keep It Comin’ Love KC & the Sunshine Band

Don't Give Up On Us David Soul

Do You Wanna Make Love Peter McCann

Hot Line Sylvers

Got To Give It Up Marvin Gaye

You Don’t Have To Be A Star Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.

Play That Funky Music Wild Cherry

Gonna Fly Now Bill Conti

Dancing Queen ABBA

Beth Kiss 7

Blinded By The Light Manfred Mann's Earth Band

Car Wash Rose Royce

Lucille Kenny Rogers

Purple Rain was also an early one, though my mom took it away after she saw some Tipper Gore type program on Phil Donahue.

I remember GoGo's Beauty and the Beat and B52's Wild Planet were played to death.

1977 quite a year