First Album You Bought: Or You Young Fucks, CD's...

BGS 9.5

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think my first 45 was Pop Muzic by M factor...either that or ELO Telephone Line. Prior to that I listen to a lot of my older brothers Beatle's records.

Don't remember the first one I ever bought myself per se, but I remember some of those k-tel albums....specifically Music Machine

I Just Want To Be Your Everything Andy Gibb

Keep It Comin’ Love KC & the Sunshine Band

Don't Give Up On Us David Soul

Do You Wanna Make Love Peter McCann

Hot Line Sylvers

Got To Give It Up Marvin Gaye

You Don’t Have To Be A Star Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.

Play That Funky Music Wild Cherry

Gonna Fly Now Bill Conti

Dancing Queen ABBA

Beth Kiss 7

Blinded By The Light Manfred Mann's Earth Band

Car Wash Rose Royce

Lucille Kenny Rogers

Purple Rain was also an early one, though my mom took it away after she saw some Tipper Gore type program on Phil Donahue.

I remember GoGo's Beauty and the Beat and B52's Wild Planet were played to death.

lol. My first was Ktel also although I think it got it for X-Mas. I was supposed to get one with Player Baby Come Back on It and my Mom bought a different one that I remember had Robert Palmer Every Kind of People. 

First album I bought was The Beatles on the advice of my friend Darrell which was a big mistake. He then advised I buy Nazareth. I later ventured out on my own and bought Jefferson Starship and Wild Cherry which I bought solely for the album cover and one song. 

I realized I was not doing well with albums and stuck to 45s. I think the first was The Who-Who Are You and Rolling Stones Beast of Burden. I threw them all away when I moved. Wish I still had those. I had quite a few.

One of my favs was Every 1s a Winner by Hot Chocolate. I listened to that just the other day on YouTube.