Don't ever doubt Bitcoin

WVU

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used a BC atm this morning more to just test it out. What a fucking rip off. 500 bucks got me 410 in BC. The only upside is you can go directly to BlockChain wallet from ATM, so it eliminates the wait from CoinBase to BlockChain and then to book. Hit wallet instantly. Definitely not worth the 20% surcharge. Criminal. Never again.

To whoever was complaining about not being able to get out of kraken (milwaukee mike?), I have something like 0.6BTC daily withdrawal limits and a ~$50,000 monthly withdrawal limit. My limit to withdraw ETH is tiny, though, basically zero. I am only Tier 2. Why don't you have better limits? 

Monkey, what is the best way to convert ETH to BTC on Kraken in terms of type of order without worrying about getting a garbage price? I have no idea wtf is happening since none of the buttons ever work. Just market order and keep trying? How do I know I won't place 10x orders when I think I'm just doing one?

I got into ETH the day BTC crashed to 5500, I guess I'm not regretting it now... 

So there is Bitcoin gold and bitcoin diamond now? Did they match existing BTC funds like BCH did? I finally swept my BCH out of my old wallet yesterday. 

BCH transactions confirm very very quickly for tiny fees (like 50cents). If you have any lying around from the fork and are looking for a cheap deposit method, you can ship them to Bookmaker. Although every day I wonder why I bother betting sports when I could just hold these coins and jerk off all day.

Used a BC atm this morning more to just test it out. What a fucking rip off. 500 bucks got me 410 in BC. The only upside is you can go directly to BlockChain wallet from ATM, so it eliminates the wait from CoinBase to BlockChain and then to book. Hit wallet instantly. Definitely not worth the 20% surcharge. Criminal. Never again.

Why don't you use LocalBTC?

So there is Bitcoin gold and bitcoin diamond now? Did they match existing BTC funds like BCH did? I finally swept my BCH out of my old wallet yesterday. 

BCH transactions confirm very very quickly for tiny fees (like 50cents). If you have any lying around from the fork and are looking for a cheap deposit method, you can ship them to Bookmaker. Although every day I wonder why I bother betting sports when I could just hold these coins and jerk off all day.

Yes..Bitcoin gold was 1:1 and Diamond 10:1. It will depend on where you had your BTC at time of fork on whether the exchange supports either coin. I think most supported gold, but diamond I dk. If you had them in a mobile or hard wallet you will need to extract them yourself if you can figure it out, personally I’m not even trying.

Yes..Bitcoin gold was 1:1 and Diamond 10:1. It will depend on where you had your BTC at time of fork on whether the exchange supports either coin. I think most supported gold, but diamond I dk. If you had them in a mobile or hard wallet you will need to extract them yourself if you can figure it out, personally I’m not even trying.

I guess we can wait and see if their value makes it worthwhile and if enough mainstream wallets end up supporting it. After doing the BCH sweep I think I could figure it out for BCGold/Diamond.

I guess we can wait and see if their value makes it worthwhile and if enough mainstream wallets end up supporting it. After doing the BCH sweep I think I could figure it out for BCGold/Diamond.

Oh, so you didn’t have your BTC on exchange during BCH fork? You extracted them yourself? I had mine on Airbitz because was told not to leave them on exchange....that you could always get them out later. Then I read the extraction instructions, which scared me into saying fuck it, ( price was low at the time) and Now BCH has some real worth. Since then I have had BTC in and out of that wallet so don’t even know if the BCH is still attached or what. Might be worth my time and money to have a pro look at it and see.

There was little talk about Bitcoin gold fork and even less on Diamond. I meant to move to exchange for split on Gold so they would split for me, but missed it. Will have to do the work myself if want to get the coin. And I’m terrified of messsing something up and losing all the BTC.

Oh, so you didn’t have your BTC on exchange during BCH fork? You extracted them yourself? I had mine on Airbitz because was told not to leave them on exchange....that you could always get them out later. Then I read the extraction instructions, which scared me into saying fuck it, ( price was low at the time) and Now BCH has some real worth. Since then I have had BTC in and out of that wallet so don’t even know if the BCH is still attached or what. Might be worth my time and money to have a pro look at it and see.

There was little talk about Bitcoin gold fork and even less on Diamond. I meant to move to exchange for split on Gold so they would split for me, but missed it. Will have to do the work myself if want to get the coin. And I’m terrified of messsing something up and losing all the BTC.

That was exactly, exactly what happened to me. All on Airbitz. Didn't know what to make of the fork and so didn't move it to a wallet or exchange that supported both.

Yesterday I swept it all into a couple wallets that support both BTC and BCH (bitpay, btc.com).

Monkey's reply is spot on. You have to put your master private seed into a website and it will reveal all the addresses you've ever had funds associated with (which is public) and it will show you their private keys (which is private and if anyone got it they could steal your funds). That's why before you sweep out BCH, you should get rid of all your BTC from that wallet because doing anything online exposes you to being hacked (i.e. if they have a keystroke logger or can see your screen etc). Send your BTC to another wallet first. 

The steps here are not as bad as they look: https://blog.edgesecure.co/how-do-i-get-my-bitcoin-cash-from-airbitz-e97982e3fc4c

They aren't as bad because the current version of Electron Cash does all that annoying server shit for you. 

How much BTC do you think you had in Airbitz at the fork?

Because every single local BTC seller I’ve seen said you need a known history. Previous transactions. How do you go about getting the initial transaction under your belt so people will deal with you?

i've only sold, but was no problem selling with no history and now i have sold rep

It's not that hard, IAG.  If you have someone else do it, you'd better trust them.  They'll need access to your private keys or recovery passphrase.  And you should move your coins out of that wallet (both BTC and BCH) and never use it again (create a new one) because they would be able to take them.

These are the instructions I found on line. Starts out looking straightforward and doable, and then freaked me out a bit as went on and on and on...as much as I hate losing out on any BCH, Gold etc. the thought of losing all of it is worse.

Yeah. That was the problem...the trust deal. There is a local guy who was involved in that CoinLion project that I might call about that and a couple other technical things....pay him a consultation fee or something for a couple hours work. But yes, good reminder to change wallet afterward.