WVU

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So best ways to buy

(1) Coinbase

(2) Local bitcoins?

Coinbase easiest for sure. But if you are thinking of buying and haven’t before set up a Coinbase q account right away! You can’t just go in and buy as much as you want, they have limits and one of the most frustrating things I had, was having to wait for my limits to reset and buying in increments of $30 every hour til got limits up. Teddy and Dingo can attest to this as well.

Friend said wanted to buy last week the next morning when limit reset to 1000...had 800 available on Coinbase limit I said buy now and buy the other 200 tomorrow, he did and price went up hundreds overnight. Time is money ...especially at this time.

I know better and still did it. I had opp to buy two BTC from individual on Friday from individual who did not want to do PayPal. I was too lazy to go to bank and sent xpress mail. And it’s gone up how much since then? Cost me about $3000 by deciding to wait.

Won’t always be going up like this...get while getting is good.

The whole thing is pretty amazing.....best advice given imo was IAG a couple month ago when posters were complaining g about rising cost was she said ‘you don’t have to buy a whole coin every week but just buy however much you can every week’

Think I better frame that

I guess it’s not horrible if you think of 1.5% cashback with CC.

Last couple times I buy it’ll say you’re buying $3500 and I’ll get like $3488. That shit pisses me off too

That’s nothing. CEXIO charged 3.5 percent to deposit via cc then u have to use the deposit to buy at 7.5 percent. Plus sell fees!

$12 isn’t even worth getting mildly annoyed. Make that up in 10seconds.

This is fucking BS. I drive a mother fucking hour and 10 minutes round trip this morning to a BC atm with very reasonable fees. I pay fucking $3.90 a gallon for gas because I only use shell V power in my audi. And my mother fucking bitcoin transaction is off in never never land. Never made it to the book. If I had known that was going to happen I would’ve never wasted my mother fucking time. Sick of this shit. So i wasted my fucking gas. Wasted the fucking miles on my car for fucking nothing. Wasted my fucking time. Fuck you blockchain.

I look 5 mins later and like 9 trades went through for small amounts that add up to what I wanted to sell. I don't know if that was one successful trade that went through and it just went through 9 sellers or if each one was successful for a small amount and it didn't tell me. Each time it said not accepted. 

I don't know how to do anything related to API so I am just rushing to GTFO of this site.

Yeah.  It errors every time.  If you're on the website, you just have to keep retrying until the order is accepted there (and appears in your open orders or is filled).  If there are multiple fills, it means that there were multiple prices (on a market order) or bids/asks that filled your order.

It works fine at times but during high volume, it's extremely tedious to use their web interface.