Bitcoin hits $20k

IAG

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

makes sense, and i'm guessing some of the bigger players don't do this (even if they could find shares to short) because they could be forced out of the short position at any time by brokers if people restrict the shares?

Yes. Small players won't even get a chance to short. Larger players may be able to borrow initially to short but there's no guarantee they won't get called in.

IAG, how heavily invested are you in IOTA, Ripple, Cardano?

In the top 100 on coinmarketcap.com, IOTA is the only crypto with circulation of over a billion units that is over $1.

With IOTA ~$4 and the other 2 approaching $1, have we already missed the boat?  How much higher can we expect these to go up?  I could be way off, but I'm thinking the upside might be limited.  

IAG, how heavily invested are you in IOTA, Ripple, Cardano?

In the top 100 on coinmarketcap.com, IOTA is the only crypto with circulation of over a billion units that is over $1.

With IOTA ~$4 and the other 2 approaching $1, have we already missed the boat? How much higher can we expect these to go up? I could be way off, but I'm thinking the upside might be limited.

Sold all my Iota. Bought early and sold when it started falling after the bad press questioning the Microsoft relationship. Looks like they are having some come back, so I will probably add some shortly if they trade upward again. If they can get some momentum, I think they will be ok. but I, not getting in again quite yet.

As I have stated before, I hate Ripple. It sat at quarter forever and it stands out in the crowd as being tied to banks and all that. Not a fan but I will hold a few thousand worth just in case it gets added to Coinbase. If it looks like it starts to move I might add more, but but I really do not like it. Just a personal thing. People think it’s a cheap coin, but in considering how big the supply is, it’s really not. seems like there are certain cryptos, just like certain teams, that you can never get it right . ripple is one of tow for me. Neo is the other.

I have a LOT of Cardano.

My holdings in order of value

Btc, Stellar, Eth, Bcash, Cardano, Dash, Neo, TRON. EOS, Waves. LTC, Ripple, Ark, Mona., Verge, Vertcoin, POWR,

I will be reevaluating a few of these today . It’s always tempting to try to find the “next big thing. “But right now the top 20, and even 40, are killing it, so I’m not worried about that yet.

I don’t think it’s too late to get into any of the top 20 or so coins. As long as money continues to pour in they are ok. This is a new time we are in. I plan on getting while the getting is good. It’s important to be well diversifed, and to pay attention certainly, but not to panic sell....That’s much easier to do when you are well diversified.

I really get a lot of good information from a few YouTube crypto channels Sign up for the twitter feeds of the coins you hold.

So to answer your question, would you by any of those? Absolutely if you are looking to hold for a while for sure. In the short term I’m not sure about iota. They may have had their day in the sun for a while. Ripple should do something in 2018. They are likely top contender For being added to Coinbase which would be huge. I like short and long-termCardano.

Of course this is only my personal opinion and not financial advice. :). I personally would buy any and all of the blue chips wthout hesitation, But that’s just me.

Longfin Ceo on CNBC last night says valuation not justified after 1300% gain in a few days. Price drops overnight. Lol.

Keep in mind that we are still in the very early phases. First innings in a decade long adoption of some of these.

It could correct next week 50 percent..where it was a month ago...but the majority of Institutional investors have not had exposure yet but they will.

That was almost verbatim from what the guy said on TV this morning but I could not have said it better.

Longfin Ceo on CNBC last night says valuation not justified after 1300% gain in a few days. Price drops overnight. Lol.

Keep in mind that we are still in the very early phases. First innings in a decade long adoption of some of these.

It could correct next week 50 percent..where it was a month ago...but the majority of Institutional investors have not had exposure yet but they will.

That was almost verbatim from what the guy said on TV this morning but I could not have said it better.

i agree that it might be the first inning for some of the cryptos... but some of these stocks like lfin, riot, otiv are just total pump and dump schemes... even if they make $1 these guys would give themselves 99.99 cents of it.

lfin ceo probably said it was overpriced because he sold all he could yesterday after they pumped out press releases lol

same thing i saw in the early days of the internet, i remember a small florida bank that went up 1000%+ just by saying they would have internet banking, so what everyone was going to eventually

i agree that it might be the first inning for some of the cryptos... but some of these stocks like lfin, riot, otiv are just total pump and dump schemes... even if they make $1 these guys would give themselves 99.99 cents of it.

lfin ceo probably said it was overpriced because he sold all he could yesterday after they pumped out press releases lol

same thing i saw in the early days of the internet, i remember a small florida bank that went up 1000%+ just by saying they would have internet banking, so what everyone was going to eventually

I haven’t paid too much attention to these stocks. Other than GBTC. RiOT is up six dollars pre-market..lol . I see GBTC is down 158 currently premarket

Mike you have a valid point

I was also investing during the dot com market

Brought many companies that were overvalued as well with little or no revenue

But some did well and so are off the board

End of the day if you make money that’s all that matters

Why?

Because I don’t ever get rid of BTC. ..I got rid of small bits twice and regret it. ...and given my track record with on-line books, it would be a lose-lose. It’s nothing personal against the book. But if I was going to deposit, I would deposit cash. If I’m going to buy bitcoin I’m going to hold bitcoin.