What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If BTC touches $10k again and crosses below, look out below.

Otherwise, if it bounces back up off of $10k again, be a buyer around that level.

I have little to no knowledge of trading, but I don't get this. What is so special about a price of $10,000? If the price were moving based on demand and supply, then the price should be continuous and should have no respect for clean round numbers. Does the same thing happen with share prices around $10, $100? If so, that is sure indicative of an inefficient market.

Is it that many people just pick a round number for when they are going to start buying/selling? i.e. some dentist who bought in at $7000 may say he's going to hold forever unless the price hits $10,000. 

did they give you a 888,888,88 debit. wtf is the point of that.   when they gonna send me my balance.

Still have that account, the same idea happened to me at WF. They'll likely mail you a cashier's check. They probably won't let you just withdraw it all because, given they suspect fraud, they either may want to investigate or wait to see if any of the buyers want to claim fraud. They kept mine frozen but open for 10 business days before mailing the check. Needless to say, don't tell those buyers your account is closed now. 

I have little to no knowledge of trading, but I don't get this. What is so special about a price of $10,000? If the price were moving based on demand and supply, then the price should be continuous and should have no respect for clean round numbers. Does the same thing happen with share prices around $10, $100? If so, that is sure indicative of an inefficient market.

Is it that many people just pick a round number for when they are going to start buying/selling? i.e. some dentist who bought in at $7000 may say he's going to hold forever unless the price hits $10,000. 

Yeah.  People pick round numbers, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a round number.  Support/resistance can happen at any price.  Just depends where the market agrees.  Same thing happens in stocks.

did they give you a 888,888,88 debit. wtf is the point of that.   when they gonna send me my balance.

you going to call them first and see whats up?  probably just frozen so they can make sure the activity is legit and then they will re open.  i us WF though so never deal with them.

you going to call them first and see whats up?  probably just frozen so they can make sure the activity is legit and then they will re open.  i us WF though so never deal with them.

i already called.  account is under fraud investigation.  it's going to get closed.   just hope they send me my balance quickly.

And THIS ^^^^^^ is why the world needs Bitcoin.

Why? The world needs bitcoin to circumvent the fact that banks don't like bitcoin? Gamblers, criminals and people obsessed with privacy are the only ones who transact with it. The only other people using it (as a store of value) are tax evaders. If you're above board, what the hell does using bitcoin buy you? Slow transactions with high fees?

Did you tell them you're just selling btc and no one has been defrauded? Did they call it an illegal currency that they don't recognize?  :laugh

I told the women yes what I was doing.  She oh bitcoin.  And then said she had no access to any information about anything.   Looks like I have to convince them there's no fraud or they will just keep my 13k.    Morons let me wire 20k out of savings right now though.

I told the women yes what I was doing.  She oh bitcoin.  And then said she had no access to any information about anything.   Looks like I have to convince them there's no fraud or they will just keep my 13k.    Morons let me wire 20k out of savings right now though.

They're not going to keep your money. Showing there was fraud is on them. You haven't complained, a buyer presumably hasn't complained. Good that you got out of your Savings. Maybe go to a branch today and try to either take out your funds in checking or at least have them move the process along.

They're not going to keep your money. Showing there was fraud is on them. You haven't complained, a buyer presumably hasn't complained. Good that you got out of your Savings. Maybe go to a branch today and try to either take out your funds in checking or at least have them move the process along.

Everyone online says going to the branch is pointless.   There's only one in Denver anyway and it takes forever to do anything.   Took them an hour to get me 3k cash the only time i went in there.

Why? The world needs bitcoin to circumvent the fact that banks don't like bitcoin? Gamblers, criminals and people obsessed with privacy are the only ones who transact with it. The only other people using it (as a store of value) are tax evaders. If you're above board, what the hell does using bitcoin buy you? Slow transactions with high fees?

OK maybe not BTC right now, but crypto currency. I’m just irritated because I had someone send me a check from Canada last week. I went to the bank drive-through – regular bank...not Wells Fargo, my normal bank. And the guy starts asking me all sorts of questions about where I got the check and what it was for and if I sold something and so forth. I am about as above board as they come. Anyway, I had to go into the bank and sit there for 20 minutes while they did some checking and so on and so forth. I finally left and came to find out that it would cost $175 to cash the check even though it was a cashiers check and it would take eight weeks before I could get credit.

If the check had not been for sale a bitcoin, the guy could’ve just sent me a bitcoin. I would’ve had it at least in hours not eight weeks...and far cheaper.