What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you trying to send to Bittrex?  They use smart contracts (as most exchanges do).  So, you need a little higher gas than a normal p2p ETH transaction.

poloniex.

i wasnt sending, bm was.  apparently that was a mistake.     did the eth go back to bm?   they claim i received it

CME futures contracts expire tomorrow. If you believe there was a manipulation related to the CBOE futures expiration, you can possibly look for lower bitcoin price today and tomorrow. Anyone’s guess. .. some say the recent crash was not related, that the volume was not there, but funny how immediately following expiration, market picked up significantly.

Weiss ratings out for Cryptos yesterday. No A ratings, A few got B “good” ratings....Eth, EOS.......Bitcoin got a C+

CME futures contracts expire tomorrow. If you believe there was a manipulation related to the CBOE futures expiration, you can possibly look for lower bitcoin price today and tomorrow. Anyone’s guess. .. some say the recent crash was not related, that the volume was not there, but funny how immediately following expiration, market picked up significantly.

Weiss ratings out for Cryptos yesterday. No A ratings, A few got B “good” ratings....Eth, EOS.......Bitcoin got a C+

Even if the manipulation wasn't there, all the talk and fear around it, prevents people from BUYING btc, regardless of the outcome of the contract expiration date. If you read every news watch every youtube and etc and everyone's talking about the contract expiring and the price implication and how it's going down and etc, no one would BUY btc, so after it expires, then people are like, oh ok, it's expired now, no more need to worry we can buy... So wouldn't really say the price going up go really hand in hand.

All you need is people NOT TO BUY for the price to tank

Of course if there was then everyone who shorted the fucking coin made a killing going down, and after it expires, buy on the cheap and make even more money on the way up.

Not really sure what you are saying when price going up doesn’t go hand in hand I guess.

I don’t believe that was the common person waiting for the contract expiration to buy...there was not too much talk about it like there is in this second one...contracts were for about 1/5. ..I do think Whales bought up early (Dec and early January) and then started to dump causing panic sales...made their shorts and then bought in on the cheap afterward.

But again, other people would argue that the timing was coincidental and the drop had more to do with South Korea fud etc...don’t know...could have been well coordinated manipulation with news...Especially now that the south Korean governments have been accused of manipulation...and surprise, not really banning crypto.

Keeping my eyes on EOS, Steem and Bitshares....all had a good week. Mike Novogratz just dumped some big cash in EOS... Dan’s dad, Stan (legit rocket scientist) is running Bitshares...created by DL, as was Steem(it). Some say those may all come together in some way or another in the future...dunno.

Not really sure what you are saying when price going up doesn’t go hand in hand I guess.

I don’t believe that was the common person waiting for the contract expiration to buy...there was not too much talk about it like there is in this second one...contracts were for about 1/5. ..I do think Whales bought up early (Dec and early January) and then started to dump causing panic sales...made their shorts and then bought in on the cheap afterward.

But again, other people would argue that the timing was coincidental and the drop had more to do with South Korea fud etc...don’t know...could have been well coordinated manipulation with news...Especially now that the south Korean governments have been accused of manipulation...and surprise, not really banning crypto.

Keeping my eyes on EOS, Steem and Bitshares....all had a good week. Mike Novogratz just dumped some big cash in EOS... Dan’s dad, Stan (legit rocket scientist) is running Bitshares...created by DL, as was Steem(it). Some say those may all come together in some way or another in the future...dunno.

oops sorry busy morning and just typing whatever off my head and wrote it badly, I meant the volume part, people stating the "not enough volume" meant that wouldnt' go hand in hand in this situation 

Lets see some up up up movement.

Raiblocks going off

No doubt. Went up immediately after expiration and then pulled back some. Yes Raiblocks is. Unfortunately I FOMOed on it and bought the worst possible time. I think you advised against that one, but think I had already bought. May be one of a couple of cryptos I’m actually down more than a bit on........Seems I bought in shortly after it was announced they would list on Binance, which was probably the worst possible time. I’ll have to go back and look at what I paid, but I know I’m still down on it. It went down consistently for quite a while. Not worried about it long term, but that’s one of those dumb rookie mistakes I make from time to time.

Down to 25 or so different coins... progress.

BTC, ETH, EOS,Stellar, Neo, Populas, Lisk. Raiblocks, , Cardano, Ripple, Icon, Ven, Neblio, Gas, LTC, Enigma, Wabi , Walton, ETC, Bitshares, Steem, BAT, Qtum, Quantstamp, Binance...and CarVertical (lol) ...oh and Tezos. (Lol again)

Sold a few that I hated to including Z classic.... Also bread, storj, ethos and POWR...will buy back a couple of those when time is right,

What do you like these days people?

Bought some VIBE 

01-17 16:06:54 VIBE/BTC Limit Buy 0.00006110 0.00006110 295.00 295.00

Bought some XRB 

2018-01-17 16:32:25 Buy 0.00143000 22.345958  

No doubt. Went up immediately after expiration and then pulled back some. Yes Raiblocks is. Unfortunately I FOMOed on it and bought the worst possible time. I think you advised against that one, but think I had already bought. May be one of a couple of cryptos I’m actually down more than a bit on........Seems I bought in shortly after it was announced they would list on Binance, which was probably the worst possible time. I’ll have to go back and look at what I paid, but I know I’m still down on it. It went down consistently for quite a while. Not worried about it long term, but that’s one of those dumb rookie mistakes I make from time to time.

Down to 25 or so different coins... progress.

BTC, ETH, EOS,Stellar, Neo, Populas, Lisk. Raiblocks, , Cardano, Ripple, Icon, Ven, Neblio, Gas, LTC, Enigma, Wabi , Walton, ETC, Bitshares, Steem, BAT, Qtum, Quantstamp, Binance...and CarVertical (lol) ...oh and Tezos. (Lol again)

Sold a few that I hated to including Z classic.... Also bread, storj, ethos and POWR...will buy back a couple of those when time is right,

What do you like these days people?

I wasn't against it, I bought XRB as well, I bought it fairly high as well but I thought it was a descent price for me, they have some descent news but at the same time their delays and etc has brought people down a bit but I think it'll go back up  a bit.

I bought a lil more after it went down as well

XRB / BTC 2018-01-22 20:27:44 Buy 0.00135BTC 8.6109XRB 0.01162472BTC XRB / BTC 2018-01-22 20:27:39 Buy 0.00135BTC 12.1952XRB 0.01646352BTC

I wasn't against it, I bought XRB as well, I bought it fairly high as well but I thought it was a descent price for me, they have some descent news but at the same time their delays and etc has brought people down a bit but I think it'll go back up a bit.

I bought a lil more after it went down as well

XRB / BTC

2018-01-22 20:27:44

Buy

0.00135BTC

8.6109XRB

0.01162472BTC

XRB / BTC

2018-01-22 20:27:39

Buy

0.00135BTC

12.1952XRB

0.01646352BTC

Yeah I should have been dollar cost averaging on the way down and/or back up....lol....(couldn’t (have paid any more.) I think what you said was related to maybe getting it cheaper after it was listed and initial pump. I was just of the impression it was going to be listed at Binance much sooner. Now I have two dimes tied up in that that I would rather be putting it into something else....but at least now it’s headed in the right direction!