FML

Yanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again I extend my sympathies Yanks. Sounds like he was a great man. You guys are lucky to have known your grandfathers.

Both of mine passed away before I was born. The best thing you can do is just what you and your dad are doing...telling and taking joy in the many memories and stories. RIP Grandpa Yanks.

Thanks

Yes he was

I never really knew either of my grandfathers, they were gone when I was just a little kid.

My great uncle filled that role, guy was an entrepreneur and a hell of a power bourbon drinker. His money paid for my college, without him I’d probably still be paying off student loans.

Got the message he passed during my sophomore year in college, cried like a baby that night. Once again, I’m sorry for your loss Yanks.

Was also a wwII VET.. lucked out and saw no action. Couple thousand guys were on a ship. First stop was Australia. They went in alphabetical order. So a few hundred guys get off to be stationed there..

Our Last name starts with an “A” so he was one of them to be stationed there...

In his words “all I did was convince a bunch of Australian women I was in love with them and eat steak and eggs for breakfast. Never even heard a gun go off”

Was also a wwII VET.. lucked out and saw no action. Couple thousand guys were on a ship. First stop was Australia. They went in alphabetical order. So a few hundred guys get off to be stationed there..

Our Last name starts with an “A” so he was one of them to be stationed there...

In his words “all I did was convince a bunch of Australian women I was in love with them and eat steak and eggs for breakfast. Never even heard a gun go off”

A time of true American Patriotism