The Attack on Plastic Straws

Balco

So what? Gotta start somewhere. 0.02% of the plastic in the oceans is still a fuckload of plastic.

Are you really going to miss plastic straws that much? Are plastic straws really that big of a benefit to society?

Well they are a huge benefit to disable people.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what?  Gotta start somewhere.  0.02% of the plastic in the oceans is still a fuckload of plastic.

Are you really going to miss plastic straws that much?  Are plastic straws really that big of a benefit to society?

The point is it's nonsense, banning a small convienence to satisfy an insatiable desire to do "something", and then pat themselves on the back. yea, they did something, but accomplished nothing. Banning city councils would have a 1000 times more benefit to society than banning straws.

The point is it's nonsense, banning a small convienence to satisfy an insatiable desire to do "something", and then pat themselves on the back. yea, they did something, but accomplished nothing. Banning city councils would have a 1000 times more benefit to society than banning straws.

Why are you so adverse to any positive change?  How is this going to affect your life negatively?

Cleaning up the ocean shouldn't be fucking controversial to common sense individuals.

Why are you so adverse to any positive change?  How is this going to affect your life negatively?

Cleaning up the ocean shouldn't be fucking controversial to common sense individuals.

I'm not against anything positive, what you dont get is that it's not "cleaning up the ocean", if they banned a 100 times as much plastic it would still have almost zero effect. The bottom line is there is no need to ban anything, if they're right and it makes sense it'll happen natuarally, if they said "hey, we think straws are unnecessary and we recommend people cut back on their use", I would be all for it.

The problem with the crazy left is they get an idea, and then say want to force everyone to adopt it, but they are never willing to even consider ideas from others.

I'm not against anything positive, what you dont get is that it's not "cleaning up the ocean", if they banned a 100 times as much plastic it would still have almost zero effect. The bottom line is there is no need to ban anything, if they're right and it makes sense it'll happen natuarally, if they said "hey, we think straws are unnecessary and we recommend people cut back on their use", I would be all for it.

The problem with the crazy left is they get an idea, and then say want to force everyone to adopt it, but they are never willing to even consider ideas from others.

So you're saying if there's a bunch of trash on the side of the road, everyone should be able to litter out of their car? Hey, it's not cleaning up the road! Makes sense.

So you're saying if there's a bunch of trash on the side of the road, everyone should be able to litter out of their car? Hey, it's not cleaning up the road! Makes sense.

Straws dont automatically go into the ocean, proper sanitation practices could result in zero straws in the ocean. probably the best solution to the waste problem in general,and plastics in particular(due to their long life), is to burn it.

If these cities mandated that waste be burned(after sorting out valuable recyclables), I would be in favor of that.

Straws dont automatically go into the ocean, proper sanitation practices could result in zero straws in the ocean. probably the best solution to the waste problem in general,and plastics in particular(due to their long life), is to burn it.

If these cities mandated that waste be burned(after sorting out valuable recyclables), I would be in favor of that.

Yeah. Just burn it. LOL. Hopefully, they would burn that plastic right next door to you. Make America (smell) Great Again. I'm sure you'd be all in favor of the taxes that would incur in the first place. Uh huh.

There are ways to turn plastics into diesel fuel but there's no way a polluter like you would want to pay for that either.

Yeah. Just burn it. LOL. Hopefully, they would burn that plastic right next door to you. Make America (smell) Great Again. I'm sure you'd be all in favor of the taxes that would incur in the first place. Uh huh.

There are ways to turn plastics into diesel fuel but there's no way a polluter like you would want that either.

Many large scale industrial/municiple garbage burners exist right now, here in Mn there are a few, it's not like you imply, they do it at very high temps and there is very little pollution. it can be more expensive than landfilling, but it's probably no more expensive than wasting your time collecting recycling that is never used and ends up in landfills anyway.

Many large scale industrial/municiple garbage burners exist right now, here in Mn there are a few, it's not like you imply, they do it at very high temps and there is very little pollution. it can be more expensive than landfilling, but it's probably no more expensive than wasting your time collecting recycling that is never used and ends up in landfills anyway.

You're a complete idiot if you think they are currently burning plastic at a recycling center.

"wasting your time collecting recycling that is never used and ends up in landfills anyway"

You are so fucking clueless here as usual.

I worked in the garbage/recycling industry for 12+ years.

Drove a recycling truck.

There are many successful companies using recycled products. It's not being wasted.

http://www.ecocycle.org/

Ahh, you're a little out of date, EVERYTHING changed earlier this year when china announced they will stop accepting most of our recycling, what had value a year ago now they have to pay to get rid of, you guys really should keep up with this stuff if it interests you, it's not that hard.

You're a complete idiot if you think they are currently burning plastic at a recycling center.

They're not burning stuff at recycling centers, they're burning it at garbage burners, where they do a quick sorting/sifting to remove the stuff that wont burn and everything else goes into the kiln. All kinds of plastic is in regular trash you know, a lot of people dont recycle.

They should stop most recycling and just burn everything, plastic included.

Let's get this out there .....

Please continue copying. .

Who here has used a straw in the last month??

I can't tell you last time I used one

You go to the bar and order a drink and they give you a stirring straw, sometimes 2, you go to a fast food place and get soda, you get a straw, you go to a restaurant, you get a straw, I prob use/get 20 a week.

You go to the bar and order a drink and they give you a stirring straw, sometimes 2, you go to a fast food place and get soda, you get a straw, you go to a restaurant, you get a straw, I prob use/get 20 a week.

I don't go to fast food places , haven't for years.

I rarely go out to bars either.