Free Market Capitalism is Still the Best Path to Prosperity

Balco

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Choice and decisions should be dominate.

This seems obvious but will never be the complete standard. The smarter people will rise to the top and will have to pull the load for the stupid in a disproportionate amount.

The USA is a wealthy country and as conservative as I am I still think we have a responsibility to take care of the lowest in our society when it comes to having someplace to live.

I think every American should have access to housing, I don’t want to see anyone homeless. That being said it doesn’t mean they should have higher quality housing. Fuck the section 8 exceptions where you see people being given housing for literally nothing in neighborhoods where people have worked hard to be able to live there.

Put them in the projects in the inner city, from that point it’s on them to make the most of their opportunity to get out of there and make a better life for themselves.

This seems obvious but will never be the complete standard. The smarter people will rise to the top and will have to pull the load for the stupid in a disproportionate amount.

The USA is a wealthy country and as conservative as I am I still think we have a responsibility to take care of the lowest in our society when it comes to having someplace to live.

I think every American should have access to housing, I don’t want to see anyone homeless. That being said it doesn’t mean they should have higher quality housing. Fuck the section 8 exceptions where you see people being given housing for literally nothing in neighborhoods where people have worked hard to be able to live there.

Put them in the projects in the inner city, from that point it’s on them to make the most of their opportunity to get out of there and make a better life for themselves.

+1

Free-market capitalism is not perfect. But it remains the single most efficient and powerful system for creating wealth, reducing poverty and developing less wasteful ways of organizing output and consuming resources.

Slight correction. Change free market capitalism to free enterprise. Capitalism, the creation of wealth without producing any good or service, is nearly finished. Hopefully, the confusion between capitalism and free enterprise, which does produce goods and services, won't kill off free enterprise as well.

The quote you have is correct, but it is free enterprise that does this, not capitalism.

+2

The way to solve the homeless problem, is for the government to provide living quarters on huge government-run farms. 

Anybody that can't make it in America CAN opt to live on one of these farms - all they have to do is accept whatever job they are given.  Nobody is forced to live on a farm, and you can leave at any time you like.  The food produced feeds them and the extra is sold to help with expenses.

No welfare or food stamps anymore except for dependent children and the infirm.

The way to solve the homeless problem, is for the government to provide living quarters on huge government-run farms. 

Anybody that can't make it in America CAN opt to live on one of these farms - all they have to do is accept whatever job they are given.  Nobody is forced to live on a farm, and you can leave at any time you like.  The food produced feeds them and the extra is sold to help with expenses.

Solve the homeless problem? There isn't a homeless problem, there's a lazy problem, people say homeless cause they can.

They don’t solve it.

It is horrible and miserable. Very few actually choose to be homeless.

Time was where they lived by railroad tracks and off in the woods somewhere, if they came into town the cops would run them off, that's the way it should still be. I cant imagine living in a city that lets them camp on the sidewalk in public, shitting on the street, doing drugs in the open, stealing and scaring decent people, unbelievable.

So essentially forced communism.

Not really criticizing your post, as it is worth considering as a solution.