Koepka wins another major

mikeman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saying he has a 80-major window to win 3 is silly... arnold palmer won his last major at age 34 and koepka is already 28

let's be generous and say a 10 year window where he might be competitive (even though he's already had wrist surgery), that's 40 majors

if he needed bone marrow in his wrist at 28, then what are those wrists gonna look like at 35

Huh? That's not true. Winning matters, and Koepka doesn't do that nearly enough. Congratulation on the Major Wins, it's been impressive, but it doesn't make him the best. Koepka missed the cut in the Canadian Open for god sakes. 40th at the Open, 20th at the Travelers, 30th at St Judges, 40th at the Wells Fargo, Cut at the Zurich classic. Guy doesn't compete week in and week out.

Koepka was 13 over at the Tournament of Champions (dead last) on a cupcake course; a course where DJ finished 24 under.

It is indeed true, good God what golf do you watch that the rest of us don't? Could you name 3 better than what I listed? 

Those are the 3 best golfers in the world.  Period.  Give me 3 better. 

It is indeed true, good God what golf do you watch that the rest of us don't? Could you name 3 better than what I listed?

Those are the 3 best golfers in the world. Period. Give me 3 better.

You must watch majors only.

You posted those three and said they're interchangeable. That's nonsense. Koepka is not the best golfer in the world. Look at this seasons results. Majors are impressive, no doubt, but the guy doesn't consistently put himself atop leaderboards like DJ and Thomas. Its nonsense to put him in their class.

You clearly watch majors only, congratulations.

You posted those three and said they're interchangeable. That's nonsense. Koepka is not the best golfer in the world. Look at this seasons results. Majors are impressive, no doubt, but the guy doesn't consistently put himself atop leaderboards like DJ and Thomas. Its nonsense to put him in their class.

I also said give me 3 better, I watch lots of golf.  Do you really think Koepka isn't in top 3 in the world right now? 

3 of 6 in majors isn't bad over his last 6

I also said give me 3 better, I watch lots of golf.  Do you really think Koepka isn't in top 3 in the world right now? 

3 of 6 in majors isn't bad over his last 6

3 wins in 2 years isn't top 3 player in the World worthy.

The point I was making is Koepka isn't in the top group. He's in a group with Rose, Spieth and Day and the likes. 

DJ has 3 wins, 10 top 10's and he's missed one cut. Thomas has 8 top 10's, 3 wins, and he's missed two cuts.

Koepka has 2 cuts in 13 events and has only 5 top 10's; and this is his "big year."

Last year, Thomas won 5 tournaments and had 12 top 10's. DJ had 8 top 10's and 4 wins. Spieth 3 wins with 12 top 10's. Koepka had 1 win and 7 top 10's. Spieth has had a bad year so I can put Koepka in his group at the moment, but he's not in a group with DJ and JT.

3 wins in 2 years isn't top 3 player in the World worthy.

The point I was making is Koepka isn't in the top group. He's in a group with Rose, Spieth and Day and the likes. 

DJ has 3 wins, 10 top 10's and he's missed one cut. Thomas has 8 top 10's, 3 wins, and he's missed two cuts.

Koepka has 2 cuts in 13 events and has only 5 top 10's; and this is his "big year."

Last year, Thomas won 5 tournaments and had 12 top 10's. DJ had 8 top 10's and 4 wins. Spieth 3 wins with 12 top 10's. Koepka had 1 win and 7 top 10's. Spieth has had a bad year so I can put Koepka in his group at the moment, but he's not in a group with DJ and JT.

I think we agree JT and DJ belong in the 1/2 discussion.  I say Koepka is the 3rd.  With apologies to Franky flat stick, nobody else is in the equation right now.  RIGHT NOW is my point. 

Rose, Speith and Day are not it.

You simply cannot ignore Koepka's major record based upon the frequency that he performed it.

I think we agree JT and DJ belong in the 1/2 discussion.  I say Koepka is the 3rd.  With apologies to Franky flat stick, nobody else is in the equation right now.  RIGHT NOW is my point. 

Rose, Speith and Day are not it.

You simply cannot ignore Koepka's major record based upon the frequency that he performed it.

Do you think Padraig Harrington was better than TWoods in 2008, or belonged in the same discussion? Obviously Woods then was better than anyone now, but similar things have happened where you have a nice 12 month stretch in Majors; Padraig winning 3, and Koepka winning 3. 

Do you think Padraig Harrington was better than TWoods in 2008, or belonged in the same discussion? Obviously Woods then was better than anyone now, but similar things have happened where you have a nice 12 month stretch in Majors; Padraig winning 3, and Koepka winning 3. 

I posted the 3 best golfers in the world: JT/DJ/Koepka.  Quit ignoring my original question and post 3 better than those 3.  JFC how hard is that?

Brooks is an absolute golfing machine, the dude is totally unflappable.

I was shocked at what I watched yesterday. One of the greatest overall final rounds ever with how everyone was playing. But Brooks just doesn’t flinch. He hits the fucking ball 330 yards in the air. He is so fucking clutch with his irons and he can putt as well.

Dude is a freak. Without question 2018 POY and is the newest megastar on TOUR

Now lets look at the other candidates to win multiple majors over the next 5 years or so.

Speith - cant putt anymore, his driving isn't that good either.

Mcilroy - tremendous driver but no distance control, plus he's apparently a choker(see his first drive at augusta when leading this year), looks like he's peaked and getting worse.

DJ - all that talent but he chokes away so many opportunities, plus he's not a good putter.

Justin Thomas - always there, coming into his prime, still getting better - he could do it.

And then you have Koepka - great driver who can actually capitalize on those great drives(unlike Rory), solid putter and he can certainly handle the pressure.

Looks to me like JT and koepka are the front runners right now.

what is your intent here?  we can have a discussion without calling someone's else's opinion a "clown show" and "embarassing".

even the person i disagreed with thought it over and agreed with me

being at the tournament was fun, then we had a good chat about koepka going here, so you're right that no one comes here and it's because posting an opinion gets you pissed on by certain posters

you would lay a big number on thomas or koepka to end with more majors

you think that post was real constructive? noone is waiting 20years for you to pay

spieth has a great will to win, but koepka has the frame and swing

only reason koepka would lose to spieth if it was because of injuries