Addiction is a devestating disease - Josh Hamilton career possibly over

Timely Hitting

What an awful comparison.

10% executives have addiction issues. Why is that surprising? A lot of money, some very unhappy, why not resort to drugs? That proves nothing.

Probably 15% of lawyers cheat on their wives , disease?

8-12% of law students deal with drug or alcohol addiction. It's a way to cope with dress. Still isn't a disease

Deem

You are 20 years old.

IMO that's a little young to be giving life lesson advice to 50 year old men.

No one takes your serious.

PAIR OHHHHHH DEE

Nothing I'm giving is a 'lesson'. It's an opinion. However, the comparisons Yanks draws are god awful. "10% of rich people do it" --- Gotta be a disease.

It is called crushing an argument. Boat, maybe only lawyers would understand.

Joey, please don't compare me to narcissist.

Not all people that go to law school share Kerry's opinions, nor mine. Every law student is different.

I went to law school and have been out now for years and you (at least your online persona) is eerily similar to the majority of my ex-classmates/colleagues. Arrogant and a propensity to not listen.

I went to law school and have been out now for years and you (at least your online persona) is eerily similar to the majority of my ex-classmates/colleagues. Arrogant and a propensity to not listen.

It's sort of like this, I respect others opinions, I seldom think they are better than my own. Most lawyers are very self-confident so this shouldn't be a surprise to you. I'm no 'yes, man'.

I'm glad so many people take my posting to heart. I won't be around in 10-15 years to tell you guys ''hey you dipshits motherfuckers were wrong', I'll be continuing my craft/career.

Deemer, want to make $100?

If you plan on taking the Ohio Bar, you'll have to go to an hour long substance abuse seminar. When I did it, they brought in a disbarred recovering alcoholic. If you get to attend something similar, I will pay you $100 if you (video) record yourself saying the same shit to him during Q&A as you've said here. My credit is good.

Deemer, want to make $100?

If you plan on taking the Ohio Bar, you'll have to go to an hour long substance abuse seminar. When I did it, they brought in a disbarred recovering alcoholic. If you get to attend something similar, I will pay you $100 if you (video) record yourself saying the same shit to him during Q&A as you've said here. My credit is good.

I'll throw in another $100

It's sort of like this, I respect others opinions, I seldom think they are better than my own. Most lawyers are very self-confident so this shouldn't be a surprise to you. I'm no 'yes, man'.

I'm glad so many people take my posting to heart. I won't be around in 10-15 years to tell you guys ''hey you dipshits motherfuckers were wrong', I'll be continuing my craft/career.

That attitude will not get you far once you graduate. Trust me. Be humble and you'll do better.

Yes, the hour long lecture I'm putting off, some have already attended. Apparently that last guy did some crazy drugs I hadn't heard of. If my opinion is asked, I would give it 100%. It may rub some people the wrong way but so will me saying Derrick Rose blows, or proclaiming for 3 years, RW > KD. Well, what do you know? Mostly, I'm correct.

What an awful comparison.

10% executives have addiction issues. Why is that surprising? A lot of money, some very unhappy, why not resort to drugs? That proves nothing.

Probably 15% of lawyers cheat on their wives , disease?

8-12% of law students deal with drug or alcohol addiction. It's a way to cope with dress. Still isn't a disease

You don't get it. Just because your buddy banger flushed Vicodin down the toilet doesn't mean shit. You guys can't be this naive. It has to all be an act. Thousands of studies show that addicts brains are wired different. But you refuse to believe that. I'd like to see what happens to you when you have a major surgery and need to percs to deal with the pain and then see what happens when you took them a little to long. And now your brain is telling you that you need it to survive. Because I can guarantee youre just like a drug addict but right now your drug of choice and obsession is gambling.

Kedp your closed minded opinions to yourself because it just makes you look stupid.

hopefully 10-15 years down the road we can all have a sprite at a racebook in vegas and laugh about the forums...

:cheers

You don't get it. Just because your buddy banger flushed Vicodin down the toilet doesn't mean shit. You guys can't be this naive. It has to all be an act. Thousands of studies show that addicts brains are wired different. But you refuse to believe that. I'd like to see what happens to you when you have a major surgery and need to percs to deal with the pain and then see what happens when you took them a little to long. And now your brain is telling you that you need it to survive. Because I can guarantee youre just like a drug addict but right now your drug of choice and obsession is gambling.

Kedp your closed minded opinions to yourself because it just makes you look stupid.

This.

:lol

You really think you have it all figured out.

And cut the BS on the "Lawyers are very self-confident" garbage. Great Lawyers are always willing to learn, and understand that they don't know anywhere close to everything. If you seldom think other opinions are better than yours, you'll live in a bubble created by you your entire life and you will never expound on what you know. This chart describes you (as it once did me) to a tee:

dunnigkrugereffect1.jpg

When you think you know everything, it's common to know very little. When you actually become an expert on a topic, you think you know very little and you understand there's a world of knowledge still to study and learn. You are at point Cee right now - you'll get to point D soon enough.

According to you they should. It's a disease' date=' they can't control it, right?[/quote']

Well, people certainly shouldn't be in jail for consuming drugs, that's for sure.

Ignorance is bliss young Deemer son. It feels better to tell yourself you're always right, and that other opinions are poor than it is to accept that you have a world to learn... it's wiser to listen to the thoughts of others, and gather as much information as possible for years to come.

Deemer, if addiction is all a choice why is it more common in certain people? Why do certain people have a higher risk for it?

"Numerous family and twin adoption studies have confirmed that genetics plays a powerful role in determining who is at risk to become addicted. The genetic risk for the various drug addictions has been estimated to range from 40 percent to 60 percent for alcohol, and other common drugs of abuse. Genetic studies have been interpreted to support the hypothesis that multiple genes contribute to this risk rather than a single recessive or dominant gene. Genetic variations in specific genes offer an explanation of why some populations are so susceptible to alcoholism and others are not."

I tend to side with this side of the debate:

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2014/02/10/what-is-addiction/addiction-is-a-disease-and-needs-to-be-treated-as-such

Drug addicts don't get a pass when they commit a crime.

They don't? You are smarter than this yanks. Taking most of these drugs are crimes themselves and get sent to treatment centers for first offense unless they are distributing. Most don't serve hard time for being addicts. Families are torn apart because parents chose to cope with depression by taking pills , get outside breathe some fresh fucking air and get your act together, last time I checked nothing good comes from sitting on a couch all day taking pills as a life style. Some ppl smoke weed for a simple high like getting drunk. These pill poppers do it all day long as a life style. They are the jokes of society

They don't? You are smarter than this yanks. Taking most of these drugs are crimes themselves and get sent to treatment centers for first offense unless they are distributing. Most don't serve hard time for being addicts. Families are torn apart because parents chose to cope with depression by taking pills , get outside breathe some fresh fucking air and get your act together, last time I checked nothing good comes from sitting on a couch all day taking pills as a life style. Some ppl smoke weed for a simple high like getting drunk. These pill poppers do it all day long as a life style. They are the jokes of society

Taking a drug shouldn't be a crime.

Most don't serve hard time? Are you dense or just misinformed again?

50% of our prisons are filled with drug offenders - nothing more. 48% of people in Federal Prison are there for drug related offenses.

I would say you are smarter than this, but apparently you're not.

The joke is you telling people who are depressed to go out and get some fresh air... man, what a dumass. :doh

Timely to bus is getting defensive. Guy has a hatred for anyone that has a professional career.

Taking drugs should be a crime, lol. Yes, let's have a society full of heroin and crack addicts driving around too hyped up to realize a green/red light and kill people.

Or better yet stab and steal for another fix.

Timely, someone in your family gets killed by a crack addict highly doubt you sing same tune dumb fucking busser