OT: Keto diet might be the way to go

KingRevolver

65 min on bike at gym.   Should I be eating oil and/0r carbs before or after or neither?

i May or may not be hallucinating.  Wish I could take pictures in here.

There have been schools of thought on all sides of that carbs/workout thing.

Your body will tell you the answer.

I personally have had MUCH MORE success with fasted/starved cardio. (however they term it). Others do better with that extra fuel.

Weightlifting increases metabolism rate. Bikes and stairclimbers dont.

Weightlifting increases metabolism rate. Bikes and stairclimbers dont.

Of course they do,  if you are leaner due to weights, your resting metabolism will be greater....but cardio is important as well. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/cardio-strength-training-metabolism-effect-study-university-of-copenhagan-a8507641.html

There have been schools of thought on all sides of that carbs/workout thing.

Your body will tell you the answer.

I personally have had MUCH MORE success with fasted/starved cardio. (however they term it). Others do better with that extra fuel.

I think I do too.  I did have some coconut oil in my coffee before I went, but was dragging ass into the gym ...but after about a half an hour I got my second wind and felt really pretty good going forward.    Just not sure what to do after.  

Just tested blood.  2.7!

Do you have a brand u recommend? Does it matter? How bout after?

Picked up a Ribeye for tonight. Doesn’t sound appealing at all right now. Hopefully later.

Any salt is fine, I use table salt sometimes.

Get some Kerry gold butter and slather on steak when it's done. How you cooking it?

Do you have a brand u recommend?  Does it matter?   How bout after?

Picked up a Ribeye for tonight.  Doesn’t sound appealing at all right now. Hopefully later.

pink himalayan salt is the best for electrolites imo.

If you only want to do cardio change the intensity. Try doing 160 heart bets per minute for 30 seconds then go back to 140 heart beats for 15 seconds and switch back. A 15 minute workout that way is better than 1 hour on 125 heart beats per minute.

If youre fasting go to the gym without eating breakfast in the morning. Eat breakfast when you go back home.

I usually have anything but coffee until about 4pm.  Lately adding the coconut oil to coffee so technically breaking fast (was before also with cream or almond milk).  Then gym.    So are you saying I should eat when I get home or mainly not to eat before working out.  Am I good to not eat food til 4 pm or does it even matter since technically breaking fast with oil anyway.    I have no problem going to 4 pm with no food as long as I have coffee. 

pink himalayan salt is the best for electrolites imo.

If you only want to do cardio change the intensity. Try doing 160 heart bets per minute for 30 seconds then go back to 140 heart beats for 15 seconds and switch back. A 15 minute workout that way is better than 1 hour on 125 heart beats per minute.

No I get my heart rate up to 140-150 when treadmill or bike.  Swimming/treading not as much..maybe 125-130.  Harder to time in water,I know quite a bit  about working out..interval training etc...,,,just don’t know how to best combine with Keto and eating patterns. 

I usually have anything but coffee until about 4pm.  Lately adding the coconut oil to coffee so technically breaking fast (was before also with cream or almond milk).  Then gym.    So are you saying I should eat when I get home or mainly not to eat before working out.  Am I good to not eat food til 4 pm or does it even matter since technically breaking fast with oil anyway.    I have no problem going to 4 pm with no food as long as I have coffee. 

Youre not breaking the fasting if you eat cocunut oil fyi. If you can go until 4pm without food just have the coffee before you go to the gym.

No I get my heart rate up to 140-150 when treadmill or bike.  Swimming/treading not as much..maybe 125-130.  Harder to time in water,I know quite a bit  about working out..interval training etc...,,,just don’t know how to best combine with Keto and eating patterns. 

I do crossfit 3x per week for an hour. Another 3 days I walk for 30 minutes and I jog for another 30 minutes on a treadmill but I think im going to start running in the street soon. On Sundays I take the dogs for a walk in the mountain for about 2 hours. Not sure if that helps you but I know it works  :laugh

Youre not breaking the fasting if you eat cocunut oil fyi. If you can go until 4pm without food just have the coffee before you go to the gym.

Oh,  I read anything with calories basically is breaking the fast....even zero carb stuff?    I think that is what I will continue to do though. 

I think I see the problem here. Get you self a cast iron pan and do a reverse sear (cook in oven first) then sear in pan.

For sure. How you cook a steak is everything.

Leave the steak out of the fridge and get it close to room temp before cooking. Dab off any sweat/condensation from the steak with a paper towel. Make sure you salt it well. I usually use sea salt and a bit of pepper and press into each side of the steak.

I use a cast iron skillet, burner on high, heat the skillet up and melt a stick of butter in it. Cooking the steak medium rare usually only takes about 4 minutes on each side on my stove. But you can use a meat thermometer when you first start to get it down. Sometimes I'll season the steak with rosemary and thyme or garlic and rosemary. Other times, I just use the butter.

You'll probably want to sear the sides of the steak after cooking in a cast iron skillet because the fat doesn't always get crunchy on the sides. Just hold it on the side with a thongs after the steak is cooked to temperature.