Official Dem Nominee Thread (NO POLITICS - JUST BETTING TALK)

tailsyoulose

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you will be proven VERY wrong, especially Bernie and Lizzie.   Mayor Pete and Amy might not because they'll want his money when/if he drops out and needs to back a moderate to try and stop Bernie.  

Even Mayor Pete and Amy savaged him.  It was beautiful to see, and for anyone worried that they would be told to not go after Bloomy by some higher DNC power, nope.   DNC is playing it pretty straight this year, at least so far, compared to 2016 and Washerwoman Schultz.  

Even Mayor Pete and Amy savaged him.  It was beautiful to see, and for anyone worried that they would be told to not go after Bloomy by some higher DNC power, nope.   DNC is playing it pretty straight this year, at least so far, compared to 2016 and Washerwoman Schultz.  

Was refreshing that they seemed to play it straight. 

Highly agree there. 

I just dont think its a fair playing field

The dem parrty is a private corporation. A corrupt one at that. I dont think bernie will be the candidate. It would not break my heart lif he is and he beats orange.

Other then me being out a ton of money - he'll find the swamp is much too deep lto take on like trump has.

Was.   Perez is a good man and has cleaned up lots of the mess.   Unfortunately not all, as Iowa showed, but that was incompetence rather than corruption.  

My standard in watching this debate was to ask myself:

Who could I (and others like me) consider voting for?

Despite some strong differences with Bernie, he was the only one who met my criteria. 

I do think Mayor Pete or Klobuchar could be fine moderates, but I do not see them as leaders of the free world as of this time. 

Bernie is commanding. THat counts for something. 

Did think Warren had her best night. 

But she's likely Sanders' VP at best. 

Just how I see it. Could easily be wrong.. 

No chance at that.  He has her wing.   He has her region.   He will need a minority, woman, or a person very popular in a key state.   Stacey Abrams the overwhelming favorite and should be.   

The way Sanders directly took on Bloomberg will create so many effective ads. 

Lizzie was more effective at that.    She destroyed him early with an attack she foreshadowed on twitter, and he was dead meat after that.  But all of them will have good fodder coming out of this to use against Bloomy.   The problem is lack of money to bombard it effectively.  

Lizzie was more effective at that.    She destroyed him early with an attack she foreshadowed on twitter, and he was dead meat after that.  But all of them will have good fodder coming out of this to use against Bloomy.   The problem is lack of money to bombard it effectively.  

2nd hour Bernie was strong. 

Especially in fighting against the Communism charge. 

He was strong and commanding, with strong conviction. 

Bloomy was acting like a Republican against him. 

They both were. Pete stood out there. When it was his turn he made his points effectively. As did amy to an extent

Mayor Pete was the smoothest, most level headed, and perhaps most Presidential, whatever that means, of anyone up there.   I thought he clearly won the night, and again, most of the Bernie/Liz people I was watching it with agreed.   Will it mean anything in stopping Bernie?   Probably not, unless Bloomy and Biden drop out and make him THE moderate hope to stop Bernie.  

Biden was the chosen one by the dnc imo

He makes good points but the brain surgery or whatever has rendered him semi-retarded

The $69,000 question is who the dnc has hedged with

Seems like DNC digs Pete now. 

I think Biden added up to like 2 trillion or so of Tax $$ he could raise. Thought that was his best point, but still came off mundane/boring. 

Biden was the chosen one by the dnc imo

He makes good points but the brain surgery or whatever has rendered him semi-retarded

The $69,000 question is who the dnc has hedged with

No one, IMO.   They are fine with Bernie, or whoever the person with the overwhelming lead in delegates is.  Again, this isn't the Hillary/Washerwoman Schultz DNC anymore.    

Mayor Pete was the smoothest, most level headed, and perhaps most Presidential, whatever that means, of anyone up there.   I thought he clearly won the night, and again, most of the Bernie/Liz people I was watching it with agreed.   Will it mean anything in stopping Bernie?   Probably not, unless Bloomy and Biden drop out and make him THE moderate hope to stop Bernie.  

His smoothness made me think he was fake....and trying to placate his big donors along with the people. 

Now, I am on record as saying I think we need to find middle ground solutions that can ACTUALLY happen----and Mayor Pete seems to understand that and speak to that. 

Just doesn't come off as genuine to me. I think the big companies will be writing his policies for the most part. 

Sanders was at least authentic----altho I do not think our Corporate COngress will give him all he wants. But he'd force the system to change another way (whether that's good or not is up for debate)

I am just speaking in terms of voting and who people will likely respond to. Of course, you are firmly Dem and associate with those types. I look at things from a more Independent way. 

2nd hour Bernie was strong. 

Especially in fighting against the Communism charge. 

He was strong and commanding, with strong conviction. 

Bloomy was acting like a Republican against him. 

I agree, but it's a label and simple labels are effective.   Bloomy The R was just foreshadowing what the R's will use against him and he needs an effective counter against it.   

I agree, but it's a label and simple labels are effective.   Bloomy The R was just foreshadowing what the R's will use against him and he needs an effective counter against it.   

Yep. 

What flipped a switch on me to understand Sanders' broader appeal--as I've said before---is hispanic hardcore christian churchgoers here who are vehemently against abortion can see themselves supporting Bernie. 

The authenticity seems like it'll win out. 

And if Arizona may tip to Bernie, how many other states is he grabbing that the others cannot? 

His smoothness made me think he was fake....and trying to placate his big donors along with the people. 

Now, I am on record as saying I think we need to find middle ground solutions that can ACTUALLY happen----and Mayor Pete seems to understand that and speak to that. 

Just doesn't come off as genuine to me. I think the big companies will be writing his policies for the most part. 

Sanders was at least authentic----altho I do not think our Corporate COngress will give him all he wants. But he'd force the system to change another way (whether that's good or not is up for debate)

I am just speaking in terms of voting and who people will likely respond to. Of course, you are firmly Dem and associate with those types. I look at things from a more Independent way. 

Actually, I'm pretty Independent generally, but not this time.  Only D POTUS candidate I've voted for in forever was Obama, and even then, not on the D line, but on a different line.  Once/If The Idiot is gone, I'll go back to being the I that usually votes for, and advocates 3rd party.   Not this time though.  Too important to get rid of the Fascist, Traitor Idiot.