What’s The Closest Encounter You’ve Had With Death?

Dark Raver Camper

Possibly if you pop pills or know someone that does, 40ish, it could be scary.

I will be 45 in March and below is a story i'll tell about opiates. Pain pills. This is an epidemic a wild one,

I spent nearly the entire 1990's screwed up drinking all the time,smoking pot daily and doing coke and meth daily as well. Went years without sleeping much fucked up all time barely eating.

Well in August of '99 i woke up one Sunday morning at my girlfriends house and from what people were there witnessed said i was reading the paper and started flapping the paper around wildly and everyone laughed thinking i was trying to be funny but truth is i went into one of several really bad seizures that day.

After that first seizure i was put to bed and woke up an hour later telling everyone i felt funny and when they nonchalantly told me i had suffered a seizure i freaked out and called 911 and by the time the ambulance came i went into more seizures.

Even after i got into ICU at the hospital they were having a problem at first with stopping the seizures. I was told by doctors later the next day as well as a chaplain that i was really close to dying.

After spending three weeks in the hospital i was feeling better but before that i was 100 pounds on a six foot frame when i went in. When i came out i was 170 pounds in Sept of '99. From Sept of '99 i never drank or did street drugs again and havent drank,did street drugs in 20 years.

This was when i kicked street drugs for good BUT i had never used or seen opiates before. The opiates like oxycontin made all the prior stuff like pot and meth seem like childs play.

In fact i hated living at my girlfriends house because a lot of her family still drank and partied especially her dad who stayed up days at a time on crystal meth and other stuff like Adderrall and Ritalin. Well he had been doing this a long time even longer than me because he was older.

Anyway i had to go live somewhere else because i had to get normal rest and watch my health. Well about six months after i went into the hospital her dad woke up one day and had a heart attack and died at the age of 42 in March 2000.

In 2001 i had a bad car wreck. I was prescribed pain pills. Although since '99 i have been clean of street drugs that doesn't count pills because those are legal. Anyway i had never took pain pills before and when i took the first one i knew i was hooked because it was THE best buzz i ever had.

The bad thing is a few months before this i was already getting pain pills from a quack doctor my girlfriend knew since childhood. Me and my gf were both getting them written out all the doc wanted in return was for us to bring him back xanax and ambien that he was hooked on.

We did this several times a month and before they had database like now. He only did this with us and only trusted us because he knew my gf and her family for years.

I took a lot of these pills due to my habit but i also sold a lot on the street. We did this for nearly 8 years until 2008 when the doc finally croaked. We went to another doc and got pills but the outrageous amounts from before was over with.

In 2010 it was my 10th year being on pills and i was starting to run out and had to buy them on the street because my habit had gotten worse as i started taking more. We went into real bad debt due to my borrowing money for pills.  Sometimes i would run out three or four days and trust me withdrawal from opiates sucks and is hell to deal with.

In January 2012 i was down to 90 pounds and to quote my gf looked like death on a cracker. Anyway due to my health,money issues,etc. i got help during January '12 and went to a clinic to deal with addiction where they have suboxone/methadone within a couple months i was 240 pounds the biggest i'd ever been.

Thank the lord i got help right about the time heroin started making huge inroads into the community so i never dealt with it like people later in like my girlfriends cousin who was still on pills this was in 2015. Now when he ran out he would do heroin when no pills were around.

In late 2015 my girlfriends cousin OD'd and died. Dad and a cousin both dead.

The last few years Prince,Tom Petty,etc have died due to opiates.

This opiate crisis is hell i've never seen anything like it.......

I will be 45 in March and below is a story i'll tell about opiates. Pain pills. This is an epidemic a wild one,

I spent nearly the entire 1990's screwed up drinking all the time,smoking pot daily and doing coke and meth daily as well. Went years without sleeping much fucked up all time barely eating.

Well in August of '99 i woke up one Sunday morning at my girlfriends house and from what people were there witnessed said i was reading the paper and started flapping the paper around wildly and everyone laughed thinking i was trying to be funny but truth is i went into one of several really bad seizures that day.

After that first seizure i was put to bed and woke up an hour later telling everyone i felt funny and when they nonchalantly told me i had suffered a seizure i freaked out and called 911 and by the time the ambulance came i went into more seizures.

Even after i got into ICU at the hospital they were having a problem at first with stopping the seizures. I was told by doctors later the next day as well as a chaplain that i was really close to dying.

After spending three weeks in the hospital i was feeling better but before that i was 100 pounds on a six foot frame when i went in. When i came out i was 170 pounds in Sept of '99. From Sept of '99 i never drank or did street drugs again and havent drank,did street drugs in 20 years.

This was when i kicked street drugs for good BUT i had never used or seen opiates before. The opiates like oxycontin made all the prior stuff like pot and meth seem like childs play.

In fact i hated living at my girlfriends house because a lot of her family still drank and partied especially her dad who stayed up days at a time on crystal meth and other stuff like Adderrall and Ritalin. Well he had been doing this a long time even longer than me because he was older.

Anyway i had to go live somewhere else because i had to get normal rest and watch my health. Well about six months after i went into the hospital her dad woke up one day and had a heart attack and died at the age of 42 in March 2000.

In 2001 i had a bad car wreck. I was prescribed pain pills. Although since '99 i have been clean of street drugs that doesn't count pills because those are legal. Anyway i had never took pain pills before and when i took the first one i knew i was hooked because it was THE best buzz i ever had.

The bad thing is a few months before this i was already getting pain pills from a quack doctor my girlfriend knew since childhood. Me and my gf were both getting them written out all the doc wanted in return was for us to bring him back xanax and ambien that he was hooked on.

We did this several times a month and before they had database like now. He only did this with us and only trusted us because he knew my gf and her family for years.

I took a lot of these pills due to my habit but i also sold a lot on the street. We did this for nearly 8 years until 2008 when the doc finally croaked. We went to another doc and got pills but the outrageous amounts from before was over with.

In 2010 it was my 10th year being on pills and i was starting to run out and had to buy them on the street because my habit had gotten worse as i started taking more. We went into real bad debt due to my borrowing money for pills.  Sometimes i would run out three or four days and trust me withdrawal from opiates sucks and is hell to deal with.

In January 2012 i was down to 90 pounds and to quote my gf looked like death on a cracker. Anyway due to my health,money issues,etc. i got help during January '12 and went to a clinic to deal with addiction where they have suboxone/methadone within a couple months i was 240 pounds the biggest i'd ever been.

Thank the lord i got help right about the time heroin started making huge inroads into the community so i never dealt with it like people later in like my girlfriends cousin who was still on pills this was in 2015. Now when he ran out he would do heroin when no pills were around.

In late 2015 my girlfriends cousin OD'd and died. Dad and a cousin both dead.

The last few years Prince,Tom Petty,etc have died due to opiates.

This opiate crisis is hell i've never seen anything like it.......

I’m glad you were able to walk away.