2020 will be the year of no sports.

tailsyoulose

Gonna be a boring year for degens. I predict most sports will outright cancel the season for CV. Forget about college sports altogether - unis are gonna be ground zero due to easy transmission in dorms, and will probably close.

Maybe get your money out of offshore books soon. Ain't gonna be no action, and no action means no money.

Someone gonna have to invent some live stream hamster races or something worth betting in the meantime.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be a boring year for degens. I predict most sports will outright cancel the season for CV. Forget about college sports altogether - unis are gonna be ground zero due to easy transmission in dorms, and will probably close.

Maybe get your money out of offshore books soon. Ain't gonna be no action, and no action means no money.

Someone gonna have to invent some live stream hamster races or something worth betting in the meantime.

john-mcenroe-you-cannot-be-serious.jpg

Read some crazy shit today with some epidemiologist saying 40% of all Americans will eventually be infected with it. I’m not sweating it at all though. -150 I got when I was in China a few months ago. Came back and had never been sicker in my life. Some old Chinese guy coughed on me for 11 hours straight. Hopefully I built up some solid antibodies.

Read some crazy shit today with some epidemiologist saying 40% of all Americans will eventually be infected with it. I’m not sweating it at all though. -150 I got when I was in China a few months ago. Came back and had never been sicker in my life. Some old Chinese guy coughed on me for 11 hours straight. Hopefully I built up some solid antibodies.

Scary shit about this one is that reinfection is possible.

https://slate.com/technology/2006/05/bird-flu-panic.html

"David Nabbaro, a World Health Organization official, has said a bird flu pandemic might kill 150 million people; the WHO formally warns of up to 7.4 million global deaths. The White House’s avian flu response plan, announced last week, projects that as many as 2 million Americans might die. The president should be prepared to send the Army into cities to put down bird flu riots, the plan asserts. Robert Webster, a prominent influenza researcher, told ABC’s World News Tonight that a pandemic might kill half of the human population. Webster says he is keeping a three-month supply of food and water at his home, apparently in case the American economy collapses during a bird flu outbreak. Paranoid? Michael Leavitt, secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, recently advised Americans to stockpile six weeks’ worth of food, water, and medicine in their homes. Specifically, Leavitt recommends storing powdered milk and tuna fish under the bed. Last week, a report by the consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton even speculated that “the Internet could shut down within two to four days” of a bird flu outbreak."

"I’ve noticed a massive difference in how much people who deal in risk care versus those who don’t on #Covid_19

My VC & Wall St trader friends are prepping like mad.

My friends who work for bureaucracies just sort of shrug, waiting for someone else to tell them what to do."

https://mobile.twitter.com/brucefenton/status/1231753275252318210

"I’ve noticed a massive difference in how much people who deal in risk care versus those who don’t on #Covid_19

My VC & Wall St trader friends are prepping like mad.

My friends who work for bureaucracies just sort of shrug, waiting for someone else to tell them what to do."

https://mobile.twitter.com/brucefenton/status/1231753275252318210

Because they know there is nothing to panic about.  

Panic, no. Prepare, yes.

The genie is out of the bottle with this one. That's clear. Northern Italy and S Korea on lockdown. Even China's draconian measures couldn't contain it within China - how is a schengen zone going to be able to?

Panic buying emptied the store shelves in hours in Milan. If you have a family, start preparing. Now.

Here are some "sports" events that actually have been cancelled:

Wrestling events canceled due to Coronavirus
Submitted by Aaron Rift on 02/26/2020 at 09:57 AM

New Japan Pro Wrestling announced the following:

In light of recommendations made on February 26 by the Japanese Ministry of Health connected to the new Coronavirus COVID-19, New Japan Pro-Wrestling has arrived at the decision to cancel all live events scheduled between Sunday March 1 and Sunday March 15.

Further announcements will be made at a later date. All ticket holders will be refunded. Please check njpw1972.com and social media in the coming days for details on the refund procedure.

NJPW has reached this difficult decision after careful consideration. Ultimately, the health and safety of our fans, staff and wrestlers is our highest concern. We remain deeply appreciative of your support of New Japan Pro-Wrestling.

The following events are affected by today’s decision:

Anniversary Tour

Sunday March 1: Mito Municipal Gymnasium, Ibaraki

Monday March 2: Big Palette Fukushima

Anniversary Event

Tuesday March 3: Ota City Gymnasium, Tokyo

New Japan Cup

Wednesday March 4: Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

Saturday March 7: Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium

Sunday March 8: Baycom Gymnasium, Hyogo

Monday March 9: Kochi Prefectural Gymnasium

Tuesday March 10: ZIP Arena Okayama

Thursday March 12: Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

Friday March 13: Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

Saturday March 14: Makuhari Messe, Chiba

Fkkkk can’t catch a break!

The first case of that was seen in japan yesterday, a woman who had tested positive and  recovered, tested positive again. There is so much we dont know about the virus, is that common , does that mean she gets just as sick? We dont know anything. On the topic, i think it's very possible they will cancel sports, and they would probably not play the games without fans since that would still involve travel from city to city.