2020 will be the year of no sports.

tailsyoulose

Good call tails. Both of us have stuck to our guns from the start this shit is serious and would fuck shit up.

Can’t wait to bump the thread where Ted was making fun of me saying it wouldn’t effect the US. Anyone with half a brain could look at the early data from China , and then South Korea/Italy/Iran and see exactly what was going to happen here.

all unders in 2021!

gonna start my tout service now...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call tails. Both of us have stuck to our guns from the start this shit is serious and would fuck shit up.

Can’t wait to bump the thread where Ted was making fun of me saying it wouldn’t effect the US. Anyone with half a brain could look at the early data from China , and then South Korea/Italy/Iran and see exactly what was going to happen here.

I recall you mocking me when i mentioned chinese cities emptying out(shanghai), actually almost everyone laughed at me.  The thing about this virus is the speed at which things change. This virus was only identified on Dec 30, 3 1/2 weeks later china had hundreds of millions locked down.  3 weeks ago the US had almost no cases, look at us now, 2-3 weeks from now when baseball starts things will be infinitely worse.

I recall you mocking me when i mentioned chinese cities emptying out(shanghai), actually almost everyone laughed at me.  The thing about this virus is the speed at which things change. This virus was only identified on Dec 30, 3 1/2 weeks later china had hundreds of millions locked down.  3 weeks ago the US had almost no cases, look at us now, 2-3 weeks from now when baseball starts things will be infinitely worse.

ive been right along with you, telling people for ages to prepare, and get their priorities straight to protect their families. now many of those same people want to throw around blame, when they themselves couldnt be bothered to take things seriously a month ago. 

if you wanna be a 'cool guy' and treat things like a joke, dont complain to me later. 

yea id make it 50-1 that any pro sports at all go off this year. europe first, but there will be no MLB for sure, probably no march madness either.

never thought THIS would be the reason i needed to look for a job.

Have to give it to Tails....he called it.

even yesterday seems like ancient history. last 24 hours have been insane.

mostly thats a good thing - a lot of very positive action being taken, which will help tremendously if implemented correctly and people comply. this type of organization was not possible in 1918, but its also important to remember that a lot of social factors and complexity were missing from that equation. the stakes are much higher now.

worst case is large scale riots and extreme violence. hoping that does not happen and that people can pull together.

even yesterday seems like ancient history. last 24 hours have been insane.

mostly thats a good thing - a lot of very positive action being taken, which will help tremendously if implemented correctly and people comply. this type of organization was not possible in 1918, but its also important to remember that a lot of social factors and complexity were missing from that equation. the stakes are much higher now.

worst case is large scale riots and extreme violence. hoping that does not happen and that people can pull together.

Feeling pretty good about being In the 605 at a time like this.   

Oh, and in Palm Desert there was a housekeeper who was nonstop coughing and sneezing.... like literally nonstop. I could hear her outside my door all the time. I didn’t let housekeeping into my room once. Not necessarily because of that, but the timing wasn’t right so I just grabbed new towels..but it was disturbing.    

Feeling pretty good about being In the 605 at a time like this.   

Oh, and in Palm Desert there was a housekeeper who was nonstop coughing and sneezing.... like literally nonstop. I could hear her outside my door all the time. I didn’t let housekeeping into my room once. Not necessarily because of that, but the timing wasn’t right so I just grabbed new towels..but it was disturbing.    

every single person should read this thread and take it seriously:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeremyKonyndyk/status/1237950656729751554

FLATTEN THE CURVE

STAY THE FUCK HOME

I recall you mocking me when i mentioned chinese cities emptying out(shanghai), actually almost everyone laughed at me. The thing about this virus is the speed at which things change. This virus was only identified on Dec 30, 3 1/2 weeks later china had hundreds of millions locked down. 3 weeks ago the US had almost no cases, look at us now, 2-3 weeks from now when baseball starts things will be infinitely worse.

I highly doubt that sort of lockdown is going to happen in the United States. The idea of containment will be abandoned at some point and business will return to normal then.

This. Been telling people at work for weeks. Thank god our company finally made it mandatory after it only being “suggested “ since last week

They shut my brothers building down in Chicago last night for a nice deep cleaning.  They told him to work from home.  I come into work this AM and the score radio station is broadcasting from the building.  Thought damn, pretty efficient job by the cleaning crew to get that big place all cleaned up by 5am.

He then comes into my work to infect me.  thanks alot.