Oaklawn and Other Venues

rdalert447

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In race 1 at Churchill, about half the field is going first over the course. Leaving the 1,2,3, and 7 as the horses that have a race over the course and might be more fit than the others. I’ll toss the fave (#1).

Race 1

$20 win #7 Lady O’Prado 12-1

$2 exbx 7/2,3

Yuck. Failed experiment. Two layoff horses run away with it.

Interesting horse that I’ve been following is running in about twenty minutes at Lone Star, of all places. Was being trained by Guillot, who I follow on twitter. After it’s last race at Oaklawn, Guillot made some comments that sounded like the horse was crazy or had some other mental problems. But he was obviously high in the horse earlier this year. Win first out as a maiden, then the trainer bumped him up to the Gotham, which was probably too much too soon.

Horse has since trained lights out, leading me to believe the mental issues might be worked out. It’s also been switched to Diodoro’s barn, so there may be some positive pharmaceuticals involved. Currently 4-1 with 17 mtp, from a 8-1 morning line.

LS Race 9

#10 Sixto