Trading the Emini SP 500 (my system)

The Falcon

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, you guys know I’m a newbie.....but paper money is pretend money? So they keep all the numbers for me? Just do SSI’s system and see how it plays out?

If so this is great, I thought I was going to have to do all the tracking

Paper money is pretend money, they provide that option for the user to try new trading strategies without being wiped out if the strategies fail.

We will track it. It wont be that difficult. Once we enter a trade, we simply trail a stoploss 13pts from the market price. If we get stopped out, we enter the next trade simultaneously as we are actually trailing 2 stop orders, one to exit current trade and the other to enter the next trade. It actually is very simple and hopefully profitable, very profitable.

Because i dont know if it can be set up to trail the stops and to re enter simultaneously and to recognize that when u have 3 losses in the same session that u stop for that session. Not sure all that can be animated.

The auto part is the set up for each trade. You are not involved in making that decision.

And if i could automate everything, i would never trust it. Id be aftaid of glitches messing things up.

Hopefully u understand exactly what im doing when we begin paper trading.

Jimmy, how u playing that.

Straight shorting futures

Buying Puts

Selling calls

What month is most active. Ive traded all those markets in the past but i only trade with technicals when i traded futures. I could never trade futures on fundamental news. I couldnt get the timing right. To use fundamental news, i would use options but thats just my thoughts.

Falcon

Sort of right. Ive got a defined trading system, i have not used it recently and i have been out of the market a few years, as far as futures trading goes. I used to be in the convenience store business, i traded then, i had plenty of time. I sold out a few years back, now i keep myself busy with some rental property and mowing a few yards. U could call it semi retired but i cant be around all day, every day.

Without sports i find myself turning back to trading. I have an emini system, id like to dust it off and give it a go again.

Falcon