Deemer or any other lawyer here.....check in please

Teddy kgb

Ok right to the point....

Wife’s day care she worked at closed its doors mid March

They now plan on opening back up June 1st

Wife does not want to deal with all the new guidelines her former boss sent her for review before the reopening....IE checking parents temperature, trying to keep social distance rules in place for 5-6yr olds, all while wiping shit down all day when babies are crying

She says she would rather go back to retail.

Of course she would like to ride out the stimulus money on unemployment they are giving thru July but I swear it’s not the main reason just a contributing factor

Her boss said No Way on not coming back and staying on UE and everything we’ve read on the inter web seems to agree with that.

Is there anything she could do to avoid going back and staying in UE including talking with a lawyer?

Ok right to the point....

Wife’s day care she worked at closed its doors mid March

They now plan on opening back up June 1st

Wife does not want to deal with all the new guidelines her former boss sent her for review before the reopening....IE checking parents temperature, trying to keep social distance rules in place for 5-6yr olds, all while wiping shit down all day when babies are crying

She says she would rather go back to retail.

Of course she would like to ride out the stimulus money on unemployment they are giving thru July but I swear it’s not the main reason just a contributing factor

Her boss said No Way on not coming back and staying on UE and everything we’ve read on the inter web seems to agree with that.

Is there anything she could do to avoid going back and staying in UE including talking with a lawyer?

I can help with this pal as it’s an area of my expertise... the answer is NO, if her job is offered back while on unemployment and she refuses to go back, she is going to get nailed with fines and penalties through your state, she needs to go back and get fired or find a new job

I can help with this pal as it’s an area of my expertise... the answer is NO, if her job is offered back while on unemployment and she refuses to go back, she is going to get nailed with fines and penalties through your state, she needs to go back and get fired or find a new job

No BS right?

The owner said something in an email that we couldn’t fully understand....

She said to come in and she would give them an offer.......offer? What if the offer is a pay cut and hour reduction?

I think it might be because the kid counts will be a lot less then before?

What could she do then?

Deemer.....does the owner really have to go out of their way to report her? I don’t know how it worked I thought the former employer got a monthly form to fill out until their former employee found a new job?

That’s interesting

That’s how it works here... they’re actually advising employers to let them know about employees who refuse to come back

Deemer.....does the owner really have to go out of their way to report her? I don’t know how it worked I thought the former employer got a monthly form to fill out until their former employee found a new job?

That’s interesting

Think I read they have to report by law now...esp because of the Fed supplement like Deemer mentioned. 

No BS right?

I’m being for real here no BS, Deemer is eluding to that below.. if they got a Payroll Protection Loan, they need to pay their employees with that money so if they refuse to come back the employee refusing will be reported

https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019/faqs.htm

An individual is disqualified for UI if they refuse to accept “suitable” employment when offered. Under California law, the EDD will consider whether the particular work is “suitable” in light of factors such as the degree of risk involved to the individual’s health and safety. For example, if your employer has complied with the state’s requirements for reopening, and any and all government safety regulations, you may not have good cause to refuse to return to work and could be disqualified from continuing to receive regular UI benefits for a designated period of time.

Might be eligible for partial unemployment..depends on scenario. FFS why doesn’t she just talk to employer?

I imagine the scenario is similar across the country. Many people are making MORE by being on unemployment, and are TERRIFIED of the business restarting. The business owner/operator is hanging on by a thread, and can't wait to resume operations. They rightfully sense that they are going to have a trained staff shortage because of all the situations at play. So, they are playing hard.

Might be eligible for partial unemployment..depends on scenario. FFS why doesn’t she just talk to employer?

My wife told them that she wasn’t interested in working under the new guidelines and that I had a surgery coming up also and she wanted to be home with me.

Owner replied basically Too fvcking bad we need you back......my wife has been there for almost 20yrs and they’ve offered her the directors job many times because she is good at what she does, they do not want to lose her

https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019/faqs.htm

An individual is disqualified for UI if they refuse to accept “suitable” employment when offered. Under California law, the EDD will consider whether the particular work is “suitable” in light of factors such as the degree of risk involved to the individual’s health and safety. For example, if your employer has complied with the state’s requirements for reopening, and any and all government safety regulations, you may not have good cause to refuse to return to work and could be disqualified from continuing to receive regular UI benefits for a designated period of time.

You came out of retirement finally, IAG. I knew you missed this shit.

My wife told them that she wasn’t interested in working under the new guidelines and that I had a surgery coming up also and she wanted to be home with me.

Owner replied basically Too fvcking bad we need you back......my wife has been there for almost 20yrs and they’ve offered her the directors job many times because she is good at what she does, they do not want to lose her

Well then she has to go to work.