TEDDY HAS A STICK- NEVER Pay For TELEVISION (UPDATED Remedial Version)

Jimmy Hoffa

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right. again, that's what would ultimately be simplest for him and for people/families with such viewing needs.

some people still really love Live TV and just want to be able to aimlessly change channels at will, have integrated TV guides, and watch live programming littered with commercials. to do that in the most inexpensive and low-hassle way, just go with an IPTV service and call it a day.

personally, i would never pay for any content again because i don't support any of these anti-White networks/corporations or athletes. so i just make due with slightly more manual methods to view all my content for free in HD.

forgot to mention, i also have a small indoor flat HD antenna to pick-up all the major networks. they're like $20, provide the best uncompressed HD reception possible, and work a charm.

Amazon stick only, not Roku?  

What are your needs and what are you looking to do?

Roku devices do not use Android as their OS and thus can not run any of the free 3rd party Android apps (APKs) which deliver free content. Nor can they run any 3rd party IPTV service apps which run on Android. Roku instead uses its own proprietary OS which is closed/private, unlike Android which is open-source. The only apps you can install on Roku are ones located in Roku's own app store and none of them do anything special.

Roku is simply another way to make one's TV more 'smart' - i.e. gives you the ability to run all the common, subscription-based streaming services. Roku fans really like it because of its user friendly interface, but Roku consumers are people who do things by the book (i.e. pay for things like YouTube TV, Sling, Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Disney, etc.)

Even if you're one of these types though, you still don't need a Roku if your TV is on the newer side and already comes with all those apps pre-installed.

Amazon firesticks are merely one option you can purchase if you want an Android device (stick, dongle, box) to do any of the stuff discussed in this thread. There's tons of other small companies (many located in China) who make off-brand Android products that can do the same things as a Fire TV stick/cube/box. Most people just prefer going with an Amazon branded Android device because they're easy to buy/return, and integrate with their Amazon account.

But again, if you already have an Android phone or tablet, you can already do all of these things from such devices and then simply cast the content to your TV, and thus wouldn't need a Firestick.

Also - newer Sony, TCL, and Hisense branded TVs all run on the Android TV platform too, so you wouldn't need to buy a separate Android device if you already own one of those TVs. You would just install the apps directly onto the TV's Android system itself.

Can we get 14 words to do a video?

If he doesn’t sound like Jimmie or Bushay I’ll buy a stick....

If it sounds like this, not so much....

Duh-Dur uh let me try this Red 36 uh not sure but du uh let’s try this der fer never seen this before but hey trust me you just need to contact me and I’ll help with the 88 apps but until then try every button and then youtube is always helpful but hey remember it’s only 20 bucks and if you can wait 20min while buffering between pitches and you have less then $400 on the game what does it really matter?

Hard Pass Hoffa!!!! Video Fail....

i might pick up one of those sticks and try it out jimmy

right now i have an android box i paid a guy 140 for, and 15 a month thereafter. its great and easy to use, but a pain in the ass the 2% of the time it doesnt want to work. im thinking about getting a second but might just try the stick instead. from the video you posted it looks harder to navigate though. mine uses the stbemu app

What are your needs and what are you looking to do?

Roku devices do not use Android as their OS and thus can not run any of the free 3rd party Android apps (APKs) which deliver free content. Nor can they run any 3rd party IPTV service apps which run on Android. Roku instead uses its own proprietary OS which is closed/private, unlike Android which is open-source. The only apps you can install on Roku are ones located in Roku's own app store and none of them do anything special.

Roku is simply another way to make one's TV more 'smart' - i.e. gives you the ability to run all the common, subscription-based streaming services. Roku fans really like it because of its user friendly interface, but Roku consumers are people who do things by the book (i.e. pay for things like YouTube TV, Sling, Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Disney, etc.)

Even if you're one of these types though, you still don't need a Roku if your TV is on the newer side and already comes with all those apps pre-installed.

Amazon firesticks are merely one option you can purchase if you want an Android device (stick, dongle, box) to do any of the stuff discussed in this thread. There's tons of other small companies (many located in China) who make off-brand Android products that can do the same things as a Fire TV stick/cube/box. Most people just prefer going with an Amazon branded Android device because they're easy to buy/return, and integrate with their Amazon account.

But again, if you already have an Android phone or tablet, you can already do all of these things from such devices and then simply cast the content to your TV, and thus wouldn't need a Firestick.

Also - newer Sony, TCL, and Hisense branded TVs all run on the Android TV platform too, so you wouldn't need to buy a separate Android device if you already own one of those TVs. You would just install the apps directly onto the TV's Android system itself.

Thanks.  I just bought a Roku stick on sale last week for a "smart TV" I bought in 2012 that's not so smart anymore, i.e. lots of it's apps no longer work, and you can't upload any new ones.   so I was just curious if it had similar capabilities to Hoffa's Amazon Stick.   I have a very old Amazon stick but it's slow, and basically stinks.  I have a smaller Roku TV I'm very happy with, so wanted the Bigger one to have those capabilities.  Very informative. 

My videos are crude and exposed me to the YouTube police, they don't like to be the vehicle to which people can view free content.

However, this guy makes his videos in a YouTube friendly way. Anything I know about free streaming I learned from this guy's videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAmUsxVnHDH9wuTis2eW5qA

Stream and Tech Now

How dumb am I?

Called up DISH to get my service restored $123

I tell them I can get youtubeTV for $65 and there will be no new TV shows for the next six months and the $123 is a ripoff

They say you have 11 months left on your contract how does $5 off per month sound

I say sounds good. Turn my TV back on.

How dumb am I?

Called up DISH to get my service restored $123

I tell them I can get youtubeTV for $65 and there will be no new TV shows for the next six months and the $123 is a ripoff

They say you have 11 months left on your contract how does $5 off per month sound

I say sounds good. Turn my TV back on.

Why do you have a contract? That's for pussies.

I jew direct TV down every year , lately it's been $40/month, I pay $94 i think.

They screwed me when I first got it.

Said $79 a month but gave me upgraded receiver that I got addicted to that cost $15 extra

Put the CBS sports channel on a higher up tier which cost $10 more

Then another $12 for the locals

i might pick up one of those sticks and try it out jimmy

right now i have an android box i paid a guy 140 for, and 15 a month thereafter. its great and easy to use, but a pain in the ass the 2% of the time it doesnt want to work. im thinking about getting a second but might just try the stick instead. from the video you posted it looks harder to navigate though. mine uses the stbemu app

what's the $15/mo charge you pay for... an IPTV service? if so, which one do you subscribe to? if not, what's that fee for if it's not providing you Live TV channels?

never buy a "pre-loaded/pre-programmed" box, stick, etc of any kind. they're all scams. first, there aren't any apps on those boxes/sticks you can't download for free by yourself in seconds. also, i believe that scam first got popular back when Kodi was still necessary years ago.

but seeing that 3rd party app developers stopped making Kodi-based apps years ago, most of those boxes people bought probably no longer function properly because they were based on apps which have since been shut down completely or are no longer supported.

if you want a 2nd device for a different TV, just get a Firestick directly from Amazon and then load the individual apps you need which shouldn't be more than 2 or 3.

and if you're paying that $15/mo fee for an IPTV service, the service should work on your new stick and your current box simultaneously.. i.e. don't get tricked into thinking you'll need to buy a 2nd IPTV service for your new stick, your current IPTV service should cover multiple devices of yours.

You tube took down the video I posted last night demonstrating TV Tap.

i'm always curious how long free Live TV apps last before either getting shut down or moving to subscription only. a couple negatives about TV Tap... in order to handle traffic, they're having to compress their feeds too much and hence the relatively poor resolution and picture quality. and there's too much buffering as well on many of their channels.

the same thing happened with Mobdro years ago when everyone started using it. it's just inevitable, these free Live TV apps can only take you so far which is why most commoners end up buying a cheap IPTV subscription instead.

do you have a Chromecast dongle or does your TV have Chromecast built in? i use mine every time for sports - just cast your Chrome browser tab (that has your free sports stream on it) to your TV and the HD signal transfers so cleanly, looks like you're watching it on cable/satellite.

i only use my Firestick for free TV/Movie VOD apps like Cinema HD, Cyberflix, etc.